Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle trade pick 10 and 18 for Bolton.
Richmond recieve 10 and 18 lose Bolton.
Fremantle trade pick 11 for essendon's future first rounder.
Essendon recieve pick 11 and lose future first rounder linked from Melbourne.
Gives
richmond 2024 - 10 and 18
Essendon 2024 - 11
Fremantle 2024 - Bolton and future first rounder

Fremantle have there first round pick, and essendons first round pick,
Which can then be used for warner.

Have Collingwood lost some players recently from their best team besides Noble, who was fringe, and Ginnivan who was a 20yo when was traded. Can't have been on massive money.

No worries with Houston fitting into their salary cap?

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight. I wonder if he wants to play with his brother or if he doesn't care. Can't see how we can accommodate both.

If Corey Warner is prepared to go on the rookie list I’d imagine it’d be quite easy tbh. He’s not that good IMO so unless he improves a lot I’m not sure that’s super unrealistic.

Think we’d be able to find a senior list spot though. Chad Warner would completely destroy our early draft hand and Toby Whan will take care of just about everything we have left.

Last edited:

If I remember right, Melb were found to be rorting the salary cap when they convinced Jeff White to go back to Vic. The AFL then awarded us Melb’s pick 5 in 1999 (Leigh Roy Brown) as (part) compensation.

I believe that had Melb not rorted the system White would have played 100 games for us and his son Kalani our father son.

I therefore call on the AFL to honour the precedent set in 1999 and not allow Melb to benefit from that disgraceful act, by removing Melbs father son eligibility and hand that over to us. Give me Andrew Dillons email and I’ll be all over it.

If Corey Warner is prepared to go on the rookie list I’d imagine it’d be quite easy tbh. He’s not that good IMO so unless he improves a lot I’m not sure that’s super unrealistic.

Think we’d be able to find a senior list spot though. Chad Warner would completely destroy our early draft hand and Toby Whan will take care of just about everything we have left.
Hope Corey is happy playing in the WAFL because Corey Warner and Corey Wagner on the same team, even if only for a year, will be too much for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too much talk around town that its 10,11,18 for Bolton and 14 which is really gross. 10 & 18 is plenty and Bolton isn't going back there. We need to show a spine for once. At the end of the day Richmond has the choice between two extra first round picks or a player who has already begun the process of moving accross the country. They will blink if we hold firm.

Fremantle trade pick 10 and 18 for Bolton.
Richmond recieve 10 and 18 lose Bolton.
Fremantle trade pick 11 for essendon's future first rounder.
Essendon recieve pick 11 and lose future first rounder linked from Melbourne.
Gives
richmond 2024 - 10 and 18
Essendon 2024 - 11
Fremantle 2024 - Bolton and future first rounder

Fremantle have there first round pick, and essendons first round pick,
Which can then be used for warner.
It took a lot of thinking to work this one out...

Too much talk around town that its 10,11,18 for Bolton and 14 which is really gross. 10 & 18 is plenty and Bolton isn't going back there. We need to show a spine for once. At the end of the day Richmond has the choice between two extra first round picks or a player who has already begun the process of moving accross the country. They will blink if we hold firm.
I just can't see it. Seems to one sided to Richmond

Yup you’re right he is a downhill skier/icing player. That’s exactly why you need him.

You’ve got the cake, but a cake without icing tastes like ass.

I’m confident you guys can get the best out of him like we did years ago. We’ve cooked it recently cause we are shit and have affected his game.

Adrian Dodoro Usually does well on trade week.

We all bow down to the mighty Dodoro.

But in this 2024 trade week, Dodoro bows down to richmond.

I wonder if we can find a list spot for Ashton this year too?

Chad is 100% getting his brothers drafted. I read this from an article about a month ago:

If Chad has his way, talented younger siblings Ashton, 17, and Troy, 15, could also make their way to the Harbour City in future.

"I've been talking to them (Sydney's recruiting team) a little bit about it, so hopefully they can get something done there," Warner said.

"Without having to pump them up too much, I think they are going to be better [players], to be honest, so I'll have to look out for them."

Would leave Pick 67 as our second best draft selection. I simply can’t see it happening.

We would be getting some junk picks back in the 50s or 40s that would come in a few spots on draft night.

I just like to think if we were gonna fold on 10 & 11 we probably would have by now

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back