Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting comment made in the trade of Baker to WC and the draft capital used.

“Made a commitment to him” … last time I heard something similar was when Gold Coast indicated similar to Weller in the Fremantle to GCS trade lead up.

It leaked out so was used to Fremantles advantage.
Richmond also made a commitment to Bolton when he signed that he’s free to leave when ready, we just have to hold fast and they will break late

We would be getting some junk picks back in the 50s or 40s that would come in a few spots on draft night.

I just like to think if we were gonna fold on 10 & 11 we probably would have by now

Pick 14 has only been in Richmond’s possession since this morning.

Who says it isn’t already done anyway. Everyone in the media seems way too confident it’s happening.

Richmond will be done with trade period within half an hour of being able to lodge deals tomorrow is my prediction.

The fact that they did this for Liummmmm Baker is the issue. If they'd gotten 12, 14 and a decent 2nd then used them at the draft it looks much better.

The only way Richmond should be able to get their hands on 10 and 11 is if 14 is coming back to Freo. Even then, there is a bracket between the top dozen or so picks and the next lot which makes 10+11 so difficult to give up. I would only be for it (knowing 14 and 18 slip a few places each with Academy picks) because I'm fully on the Hannaford bandwagon and there's still a chance a gun slips to our pick 17.

Ever since I watched Hannaford in that grand final and was incredibly impressed, I went back and watched his previous games as a forward and he fully sold me as a player in the mould of Zac Butters. Someone with good speed but a lot of heart and bravery who gets in fantastic positions and uses the ball incredibly well. He has bolted for a reason and pick 17/21 is around the right range for him and another gun.

Best sense for us would be.
F1st, 18 & 30 for Bolton
This leaves us with 10 & 11.
Trade 1 into 2025 for a future first that will be better than ours ie saints F1st and 2nd this year (32).
Genius Wallsy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 14 has only been in Richmond’s possession since this morning.

Who says it isn’t already done anyway. Everyone in the media seems way too confident it’s happening.

Richmond will be done with trade period within half an hour of being able to lodge deals tomorrow is my prediction.
100%

This is a hold over trade for sure, probably waiting for GC and Rioli to get done. Zero media articles saying it’s on thin ice.

Crazy how many people in here still don't understand how trading works in the AFL. PLAYERS CAN NOT BE TRADED SOMEWHERE THEY DO NOT AGREE TO. IF CHAD WARNER CHOOSES FREO HE WILL BE AT FREO.

If I see one more post saying trade 11 for a F1 for Chad my head might explode.

Crazy how many people in here still don't understand how trading works in the AFL. PLAYERS CAN NOT BE TRADED SOMEWHERE THEY DO NOT AGREE TO. IF CHAD WARNER CHOOSES FREO HE WILL BE AT FREO.

If I see one more post saying trade 11 for a F1 for Chad my head might explode.
If it's that simple they why don't club they going to just say F4 take it or leave it?

trade 11 for a F1
Frustrated Boom GIF by Guava Juice

If it's that simple they why don't club they going to just say F4 take it or leave it?
Because the draft is an option

It has to be a realistic offer and we will have 3 first rounders next year

What club is turning down 2 or 3 firsts to send Chad to the draft?

the answer is none

If he chooses us he comes here, we don't need to stockpile picks, no club has ever done that for a player

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back