Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

If we give up picks 10&11 that’s 2,724pts or between picks 1&2 in value.

GC are paying pick 6&47 and getting later picks back. WC paid 14 for Baker.

If we cough up 10&11 we are paying the highest price of all trades, even if 14 comes back. I can’t believe that even Freo supporters suggest we throw in 18 as well 🤮.

It helps if you stop viewing the trade in pts value and look at it more what Bolton will give this current squad. He is almost a perfect fit for our biggest squad deficiency, the trade will be what it is, the player is what we get and he's going to be a star for us. This isn't selling the farm, we have the farm locked away in Serong, Young, Treacy, Jackson, Amiss, Darcy and soon to be Bray.

Richmond land 6 and 23 for rioli that will be a massive win to them. To which they'll take the foot off the bolton trade n let it go through, they'll just keep holding on as long as possible to see if freo crack first..

Crazy how many people in here still don't understand how trading works in the AFL. PLAYERS CAN NOT BE TRADED SOMEWHERE THEY DO NOT AGREE TO. IF CHAD WARNER CHOOSES FREO HE WILL BE AT FREO.

If I see one more post saying trade 11 for a F1 for Chad my head might explode.
this is why it's cracking me up watching the Eagles melts rationalise yesterday's debacle with "it's all to get Chad next year"

champs, if he doesn't want to go be a superstar at a pile of shite in a rebuild for 5 years, but would rather prefer to be a useful cog in a flag (or two) winning side...

Eagles could hold picks 1-10 and offer him 2M a year.

won't matter. not one iota.

It helps if you stop viewing the trade in pts value and look at it more what Bolton will give this current squad. He is almost a perfect fit for our biggest squad deficiency, the trade will be what it is, the player is what we get and he's going to be a star for us. This isn't selling the farm, we have the farm locked away in Serong, Young, Treacy, Jackson, Amiss, Darcy and soon to be Bray.

I’ve been a Freo supporter for a long time and I’ve heard all this before. The media have told us we need him so no matter the cost we will cough up.

Which player guarantees the teams that finished around us a premiership? No team that finished 10th is 1x player away from a flag.

The Tigers seem really hung up on getting 23 from GC as part of the Rioli deal, my belief is it’s because we have said we aren’t parting with 11 unless we can somehow take 2x1st rounders to the draft. Tigers don’t want to give up 20 from the lions as they traded a lot of picks for that.
In our favour:
Bolton+14+23 = 10,11,18,30
In Richmond’s favour
Bolton+23 = 10,11,30

GC deal is already agreed to
Rioli+30 = 6+23
Bolton & 23 for 10, 11 and 30 is downright disgusting. No way should we accept that

Bolton & 23 for 10, 11 and 30 is downright disgusting. No way should we accept that
Agree

If we give up 11, we need 14 back.

The question is do we give up 18 as well, even if we get 23 back or can it just be 10,11 for Bolton and 14

Hopefully we hold our offer an 10 and 18

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why do I have this nagging feeling that after the Eagles laughable performance yesterday, there's still a good chance we Fremantle the S H I T out of this draft by doing something even worse, like giving all up pick up for Bolton

I think it’s remarkable that Tigers can lose: Baker, Rioli, Graham, Bolton and the narrative is about how well they’re going to be able to rebuild with the picks they have.

Class and leadership walking out. Doesn’t seem to be the story.

Just interesting.

I think it’s remarkable that Tigers can lose: Baker, Rioli, Graham, Bolton and the narrative is about how well they’re going to be able to rebuild with the picks they have.

Just interesting.

Winning premierships get you a lot of good will.

Would you rather me St Kilda, or Essendon and sit 6th to 12th for 5 plus years, or bottom out, get the quality players and then rise up the ladder.

Just interesting.

They won two games WITH them.

They’re good players but not dusty.
They need more chances at Dusty types before Tassie…and this is the draft to do it

I’ve been a Freo supporter for a long time and I’ve heard all this before. The media have told us we need him so no matter the cost we will cough up.

Which player guarantees the teams that finished around us a premiership? No team that finished 10th is 1x player away from a flag.
Why not? Melbourne finished 9th in 2020 & traded in Ben Brown. Won the flag in 2021.

Where did I mention that he guarantees a premiership? What he does do is get us closer in the next 1-2 seasons than any draft pick would do. We already have a young squad full of stars, adding Bolton is exactly what we need right now.

Couldn't care less, when I see the trade go through I am going to be pumped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back