Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just makes me more convinced they’re going to select/have selected him. There would be absolutely no point in him being there otherwise.

Other than maybe a meeting with the medical staff and the strength and conditioning staff .

If you learnt you'd been rejected from the team and weren't going to be signed, I really doubt you'd walk all smiles out on to the balcony of the Glasshouse and watch training. Would be a tough watch.
He seemed pretty content up there. Relaxed even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than maybe a meeting with the medical staff and the strength and conditioning staff .
Yes, he was talking to one of the coaches whilst overlooking training because he had a meeting with the medical staff 🙄

As far as we know, no one has been rejected. Yet.
Pretty sure that the club would have put him out of his misery pretty quickly if they were cutting him. They’re not going to make a player who can’t participate in training anymore sit around for several days wondering if his injury has killed his dream. That would be torture and I can’t see a coach like Fly inflicting that on anyone.

He's still a member of our VFL squad as far as I know.
Not officially, as they are year on year contracts. He would sign if he didn't get a spot. But atm, he isn't on the vfl list for 2024.

Pretty sure that the club would have put him out of his misery pretty quickly if they were cutting him. They’re not going to make a player who can’t participate in training anymore sit around for several days wondering if his injury has killed his dream. That would be torture and I can’t see a coach like Fly inflicting that on anyone.
Personally, I think he was probably one of the ssp's who was already told he was being selected. And the injury hasn't changed that.

I'm also just saying, whilst all the ssp's are still training, it indicates none have been told they're not being selected either.

So in effect, nothing has changed, lol. We know nothing. Yet.

My preference for this SSP period is Eyre and Sullivan. I can't find an obvious fault in Sullivan's game. At worst (assuming he's signed), a player like him elevates the midfield in the VFL.

Bytel close, Hustwaite close, Teakle the enigma, Long another one banging down the door, Sofrinidis needs more exposure. I'm glad we didn't take a speculative late pick who may but probably wouldn't work out and might have been another wild child.

My preference for this SSP period is Eyre and Sullivan. I can't find an obvious fault in Sullivan's game. At worst (assuming he's signed), a player like him elevates the midfield in the VFL.

Bytel close, Hustwaite close, Teakle the enigma, Long another one banging down the door, Sofrinidis needs more exposure. I'm glad we didn't take a speculative late pick who may but probably wouldn't work out and might have been another wild child.
You're not talking about Arie, are you?

Not officially, as they are year on year contracts. He would sign if he didn't get a spot. But atm, he isn't on the vfl list for 2024.

Didn't realise that. Don't think it'll be an issue, I think they'll sign him under SSP.

He was up there with different people. Leppa. Some guy in this cap. Not sure who that is. And dekka was there too. Also, if that bent knee is the hammy he injured, wouldn’t bending it like that cause pain?

56109c1cce963748f6a740c2b057e8cf.jpg

18bdf897f8132daac36824941ca1c671.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back