Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I come in peace (Ignore the team and display pic). Was wondering how hard it is to get player signatures at training? Good friend of mine is mad Collingwood and would love to get them a guernsey signed. Player in mind is Elliott so I'm hoping hes on the mend. Thanks
I’ve got a few this year.

Elliott will be very difficult at the present time given he’s injured. He’s used to attention so sometimes stops but not always.

Harry DeMattia is probably the easiest player to get a signature from - he signs most days. Someone like Harvey Harrison is the hardest.

Easier if you take a child along

Players baulk at signing anything an adult has for fear it'll end up on Marketplace / eBay
It depends on the player. Daicos, Pendles - any big name, yes.

More niche players … they’ll love you. Had guernseys signed by Cox, Macrae and Harrison. All of them were great. Not much eBay value I guess.

Easier if you take a child along

Players baulk at signing anything an adult has for fear it'll end up on Marketplace / eBay
Not always. Plenty have no issue.

I've only seen elliott refuses when it comes to footy cards.

Training - Tuesday June 4th.

Light session this morning.

Absent players:

Elliott
McStay
Carmichael
Frampton
Steene
Begg
Richards
Beau
Cox

Rehab:

Pendles
Mitchell
Jordy
WHE (in parts)

Ned Long wasn't part of the rehab group, but he did some stuff with a trainer at the other end of the group, but also participated in some squad stuff.
Hard to know where he is at yet. Thurs session will give us a better idea.

Jordy seemed sore still, had some work done on the ground after some running. Mitchell did some light running. We'll see where he is at on thurs, but atm I'd say he is unlikely for this week.

Reef seems to be out of protocols, as he wasn't in the rehab group. Completed the session with the normal squad, so this feels like good signs of his availability.

Kreuger didn't hurt himself. This is a plus.

It was all non contact.
Conditioning.
Goal kicking
Kicking skills.

Absent players:

Elliott
McStay
Carmichael
Frampton
Steene
Begg
Richards
Beau
Cox

Rehab:

Pendles
Mitchell
Jordy
WHE (in parts)

Ned Long wasn't part of the rehab group, but he did some stuff with a trainer at the other end of the group, but also participated in some squad stuff.

Jordy seemed sore still, had some work done on the ground after some running. Mitchell did some light running. We'll see where he is at on thurs, but atm I'd say he is unlikely for this week.

Reef seems to be out of protocols, as he wasn't in the rehab group. Completed the session with the normal squad, so this feels like good signs of his availability.

It was all non contact.
Conditioning.
Goal kicking
Kicking skills.

Thanks Jen for the update.

Frampton absent? Any inside word on why that might be?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Absent players:

Elliott
McStay
Carmichael
Frampton
Steene
Begg
Richards
Beau
Cox

Rehab:

Pendles
Mitchell
Jordy
WHE (in parts)

It was all non contact.
Conditioning.
Goal kicking
Kicking skills.

Would we prefer Krugs to breakdown at training or midway through the first quarter?

Would we prefer Krugs to breakdown at training or midway through the first quarter?
I’d prefer him to get a good run at it and become the extra genuine key forward we so desperately need him to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer him to get a good run at it and become the extra genuine key forward we so desperately need him to be.
Not many players who are 6 foot 6 are as fast and athletic as Freddie.
Unfortunately, his kamikaze wrecking ball style has meant he is regularly injured.
If it was possible, I’d love him to kerb his aggression so he’s less prone to impact injuries. He could use his speed in the forward 50 to lead up and mark the footy.
He’s not built to hit packs at speed like Checkers does.

Hell yeah. No one really knows what he's capable of, himself included. Having him uninjured would be a lot of fun to watch, another big, very big bull.

Sorry for the late notice, mum's birthday yesterday so didn't have time to write this up, and ended up crown until midnight lol Had to force her to leave haha.

Training - Round 13 - Thursday Jun 6th.

Absent players:

Jordy
Mitchell

* Oscar, Begg, Cox all made an appearance.
Begg still in the brace, Oscar is out of the moonboot and walking around. These two did some handballing.
Cox was on the bike.

Rehab:

Pendles
Mihocek
Long

- Pendles was partaking in some things, has his elbow wrapped up in strapping. But he did a running session with checkers, and something else, where he was wrapped to something heavy around his body and he had to run against the weight of it.

Long did a couple running sessions with decent speed.

It was one of two main sessions. The other one, Saturday morning.

Black teams:

• Lippa
  • IQ
  • Maynard
  • JDaicos
  • Schultz
  • Noble
  • DC
  • Kreuger
  • Frampton
  • Sidey
  • Hill
  • Crisp
  • Moore
  • Beau
  • WHE
  • NDaicos
  • Markov
  • Howe

White

• DeMattia
  • Allan
  • Macrae
  • Ryan
  • Reef
  • Bytel
  • Sullivan
  • Eyre
  • HH
  • Johnson
  • Dean
  • Parker

Things of notice:

Markov back in defence
Kreuger in Team A
Frampton still forward and ruck
WHE up forward
Eyre up forward
Sidey on the wing.

They worked on handballing in pressure, ball movement and fast one at that, from the back half going forward.
Ball movement from stoppage into the forward line.

Jamie had his first running session. Wasn't a lot, but it was something. Was nice to see him out there.

They also did some contest stuff with the talls at each end, bring out their compeitive nature.

Then post traning A few; Eyre. Ryan. Frampton. Reef did some marking work.

Sorry for the late notice, mum's birthday yesterday so didn't have time to write this up, and ended up crown until midnight lol Had to force her to leave haha.

Absent players:

Jordy
Mitchell

Begg still in the brace, Oscar is out of the moonboot and walking around. These two did some handballing.
Cox was on the bike.

Rehab:

Pendles
Mihocek
Long

- Pendles was partaking in some things, has his elbow wrapped up in strapping. But he did a running session with checkers, and something else, where he was wrapped to something heavy around his body and he had to run against the weight of it.

Black teams:

• Lippa
  • IQ
  • Maynard
  • JDaicos
  • Schultz
  • Noble
  • DC
  • Kreuger
  • Frampton
  • Sidey
  • Hill
  • Crisp
  • Moore
  • Beau
  • WHE
  • NDaicos
  • Markov
  • Howe

White

• DeMattia
  • Allan
  • Macrae
  • Ryan
  • Reef
  • Bytel
  • Sullivan
  • Eyre
  • HH
  • Johnson
  • Dean
  • Parker

Things of notice:

Markov back in defence
Kreuger in Team A
WHE up forward
Eyre up forward
Sidey on the wing.

They worked on handballing in pressure, ball movement and fast one at that, from the back half going forward.

Jamie had his first running session. Wasn't a lot, but it was something. Was nice to see him out there.

They also did some contest stuff with the talls at each end, bring out their compeitive nature.

We're willing to let it slide this time, Jen. But in future, you'll need to let your mum know that The Pies - and their adoring fans - come first!!
:p

We're willing to let it slide this time, Jen. But in future, you'll need to let your mum know that The Pies - and their adoring fans - come first!!
:p
I'll be sure to let her know haha

Things of notice:

Markov back in defence
Kreuger in Team A
WHE up forward
Eyre up forward
Sidey on the wing.
Thanks Jen.

Sidey on the wing as I suggested.
Frampton forward though is;
giphy.gif

Thanks Jen.

Sidey on the wing as I suggested.
Frampton forward though is;
giphy.gif
I know.
No reason they cant have Kreugs doing part time ruck work. And swap Frampton back and drop dean

Absent players:

Jordy
Mitchell

Cox was on the bike.

Rehab:

Pendles
Mihocek
Long

Black teams:

• Lippa
  • IQ
  • Maynard
  • JDaicos
  • Schultz
  • Noble
  • DC
  • Kreuger
  • Frampton
  • Sidey
  • Hill
  • Crisp
  • Moore
  • Beau
  • WHE
  • NDaicos
  • Markov
  • Howe

White

• DeMattia
  • Allan
  • Macrae
  • Ryan
  • Reef
  • Bytel
  • Sullivan
  • Eyre
  • HH
  • Johnson
  • Dean
  • Parker

Things of notice:

Markov back in defence
Kreuger in Team A
WHE up forward
Eyre up forward
Sidey on the wing.

Thanks Jen!
Up forward, which few of Kreuger, Frampton, AJ, Reef and Eyre performed best at training?

Thanks Jen!
Up forward, which few of Kreuger, Frampton, AJ, Reef and Eyre performed best at training?

Reef for the white and Kreug for the black team.
Eyre took a fair few marks up forward, kicked a goal, but passed some off closer to goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back