USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

So he is now responsible for every decision the SC makes?
My understanding is that RvW was overturned on some technical legal issue anyway.
According to Trump himself he is, I just posted his fairly unambiguous quote lol. Is he only a "straight talker" when he's saying stuff you like?

In any case, he's responsible for appointing the SC judges who overturned it. Here are some of them literally lying about it in their confirmation hearings :drunk:

SC-liars.jpg

Last edited:
According to Trump himself he is, I just posted his fairly unambiguous quote lol. Is he only a "straight talker" when he's saying stuff you like?

In any case, he's responsible for appointing the SC judges who overturned it. Here they are literally lying about it in their confirmation hearings :drunk:

View attachment 2038944
That is just overly simplistic. If someone filed an objection to RvW based on a technicality then the SC judges are obliged to look at that motion on its merits.

I'm not sure why people are so hung up on RvW. Abortion is still legal in the US and they just had an increase in the number of abortions up 11% from 2020.

So the ruling has had no effect. In fact, you could argue its done the opposite.

Again with this 'hard-right' business.
How are they 'hard-right' and what distinguishes them from run of the mill 'right-leaning' people?

And you are living in dream-land regarding SC appointees. They have always been appointed along party lines. I don't necessarily agree with it but understand why it happens as it is more and more being used to determine political issues.

Most of US politics is 'right' by Australian standards, which is already 'right' compared to a lot of Scandinavia (for example).

When you're talking about people arguing for the removal of reproductive choices, removal of same-sex marriage, and access to contraception - for example - I'd say by the standards of Australians discussing their views, they're hard-right. They're much further to the right than a Peter Dutton would be.

I'm not sure why people are so hung up on RvW. Abortion is still legal in the US and they just had an increase in the number of abortions up 11% from 2020.

So the ruling has had no effect. In fact, you could argue its done the opposite.

Didn't we address this the other day? That stat is incredibly misleading, and misses out on a whole heap of other problems being caused.

Again with this 'hard-right' business.
How are they 'hard-right' and what distinguishes them from run of the mill 'right-leaning' people?
notsureifserious.jpg

You are now attempting to debate with a straight face whether or not people like Thomas and Alito are in fact "hard right". Mind boggling.

Musing about banning contraception? Nah all good, just your run of the mill vaguely right-leaning stuff :drunk:

Last edited:

In any case, he's responsible for appointing the SC judges who overturned it. Here they are literally lying about it in their confirmation hearings :drunk:

View attachment 2038944
You sadly are wasting your time trying to educate the uninformed.

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

That is not direct from Trump and his campaign.
It is an opinion of the AP reporter who wrote it. She has taken a policy and then extrapolated it out to make it sound as scary as possible.
False. Its referencing a list of proposals he released back in March 2023.

Last month, Trump released a list of proposals to take down what many conservatives believe is a secret cabal of government workers who wield enormous power and work against Republicans. Many seemed personal, tied to Trump investigations past and present. They included cracking down on government whistleblowers, making troves of documents public and creating independent auditors to monitor U.S. intelligence agencies.

But it’s the lead proposal that concerns civil servants and excites conservative activists. And it’s something Trump implemented briefly as president.

At the top of Trump’s list is reinstituting an executive order known as “Schedule F,” which would reclassify tens of thousands of federal employees involved in policy decisions as at-will employees. In other words, they would lose their employment protections, and it would be much easier for a president to fire them.

And to give a taste of how the policy might be used, the line immediately following Schedule F is a pledge to “overhaul federal departments and agencies, firing all of the corrupt actors in our National Security and Intelligence apparatus.”

The policy was instituted in the final weeks of the Trump administration but was not fully implemented. This time around, should Trump return to the White House, there would be little delay.

He literally already tried to do it last time. But sure, he won't try again, despite specifically releasing comms that he will :drunk:

Still no comment on the dictator for a day stuff? Too funny, facts do not exist in this dojo :tearsofjoy:

The republican's position on immigration, child exploitation and indoctrination, the economy and really all policies will have a positive impact on mental health issues in the long run :)
Thats just magnificent :tearsofjoy:

I really shouldn't be surprised that was the best response you could manage, but here we are. Absolutely incredible, Ted Cruz level avoidance and deflection here :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I support the ending of Roe V Wade, but that's already happened. By saying it will "get worse" do you believe the Republicans will try and set federal laws on Abortion? Because I thought Trump said pretty clearly in the Debate they won't be touching it.
He said he'd lock Hillary up, build the wall and drain the swamp too ;)

I assume it's because conservatives have been called cookers and nut jobs for a period that they didn't feel like speaking up. It's got to the point of ridiculous now they are happy to start talking again maybe or more people are starting to come around to being conservative.
So, snowflakes then? ;)

And it's because they get to shit on Biden; no other reason.
The amount of hysteria in AUS about Trump is absolutely laughable considering it has little effect on them.
Pfft, the USA is the leader of the 'free' world, and Australia's number 1 ally; of course Australians are going to give a shit.

And if you want hysteria, watch Sky News.

We still have four more years my friend.
9c0b5c4439650921d2d982774d6f7e6b.jpg

You can't be posting in this thread like you are and be this information illiterate, you just can't be.

"Abortion is still legal in the US", **** me :drunk:

Abortion is still legal in the US. I’m not sure what reddit thread or Twitter idiot you are reading.

It’s self evident. Name 10 people in the last 12 months who have been charged for having an abortion.

Should be fairly easy given there were over 600k last year.

Abortion is still legal in the US. I’m not sure what reddit thread or Twitter idiot you are reading.

It’s self evident. Name 10 people in the last 12 months who have been charged for having an abortion.

Could you be any more disingenuous?

Abortion providers have been shut down, that's step 1 of the process.

You've got people having to go out-of-state for access to abortion, if they can afford it, and states now trying to criminalise leaving the state to access such healthcare. That's step 2.

Guess what happens once it's a criminal offence to leave the state for an abortion?

Finally accepted Trump's general plans for his next term I assume, thats good. Only had to wade through 4 or 5 levels of deflection :tearsofjoy:

lol, absolutely flailing. I posted a source, and it wasn't reddit or twitter. Are you actually reading this stuff, or just seeing a few trigger words and mashing the keyboard?

Well this will come as a shock to you I'm sure, but you don't perform an abortion on yourself and medical professionals generally shy away from things that could see them criminally prosecuted.

Some states have even threatened legal action for aborting non-viable pregnancies.

Patients themselves are traveling to other states too - well, those who are able to and have the money to do it. For those not so lucky, oh well, better get to work raising your rapist's kid while you start high school

All seems to be going fine, abortion in the US still very legal, nothing to see here :drunk:

Last edited:
The Biden debate disaster has really emboldened the Trumpies here, hasn't it? Even the super cooked are back, along with a few new ones being very vocal.

One thing hasn't changed - they all share the same trait of shameless dishonesty when arguing. It covers for their ignorance, wilful or otherwise, of the facts relating to issues they are arguing.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back