USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

Lordy lordy lordy.

This is a turn up.

Almost everything from Trump you chortle over is demonstrably false, and, most of the time, you know it. You claim it makes Trump entertaining. Entertainment value is key.

Whats more entertaining than having a chuckle at old couch humper and his paedo, daughter fondling orange boss?
I just want more of this.

Trump is unelectable in America. It was going to be close with Biden, with Harris it will be a landslide. The majority of normal Americans don't want that Orange lunatic anywhere near the WH. its going to be glorious to watch these weird freaks trying to deal with this loss. I'll be in NY for election day and Philly the day after and I CANNOT WAIT
When he loses make sure you duck and stay off the streets.

Everyone knows the couch thing isn't real. But it's got so much comedy mileage that it's taken on a life of its own. It's F***ing gold.
Its disgraceful. Just imagine if it was republicans spreading rumours to their maga base that harris had sex with a piece of furniture and liked to write about it.

Spreading such rumours to destroy the image of the democrat leader would rightly be labelled absolutely disgusting by the left.

The couch thing is completely fake news. It needs to be treated as such. How can we properly attack the republicans for fake news if we are spreading it ourselves.

Last edited:
Its effing disgraceful. Just imagine if it was republicans spreading rumours to their maga base that harris had sex with a piece of furniture and liked to write about it.

It would rightly be labelled absolutely disgusting by the left.
If the old rules applied I might agree with you but since 2016 things have changed and there's been a lot worse lies than this floating about.

It makes us no different to them. I believe in stopping fake news. I want to believe we are better then them. Otherwise why does this even matter.
Hilary Clinton went high and look where that got her. I preferred politics prior to Trump's emergence but for the time being at least he's rewritten the rules that you play by.

Hilary Clinton went high and look where that got her. I preferred politics prior to Trump's emergence but for the time being at least he's rewritten the rules that you play by.
If you adopt trump rules then trump has already won. I want democrats to win because i believe they are better. They stand for rule of law, free media, listening to experts, seperation of powers and penalising disinformation. Trump doesnt stand for any of these things. If the democrats follow him down this path claiming well he started it so its ok now then what is even the point? Both parties become trump parties and trumps ideology wins. And The couch humping thing is even a worse rumour then what trump spreads. Its worse them the birther movement. Its worse then saying harris doesnt identify as black.

And Clinton lost because she burned sanders and lost some of the base (do people forget all the hate from the left that clinton got), she was a poor public speaker and james comey made her out to be a criminal a week out from the election. All those three things combined for her to just lose. She didnt lose because she went high.

If you adopt trump rules then trump has already won. I want democrats to win because i believe they are better. They stand for rule of law, free media, listening to experts, seperation of powers and penalising disinformation. Trump doesnt stand for any of these things. If the democrats follow him down this path claiming well he started it so its ok now then what is even the point? Both parties become trump parties and trumps ideology wins. And The couch humping thing is even a worse rumour then what trump spreads. Its worse them the birther movement. Its worse then saying harris doesnt identify as black.

And Clinton lost because she burned sanders and lost some of the base (do people forget all the hate from the left that clinton got), she was a poor public speaker and james comey made her out to be a criminal a week out from the election. All those three things combined for her to just lose. She didnt lose because she went high.
And Trump was an unknown factor not taken seriously by dems . He is now

Its disgraceful. Just imagine if it was republicans spreading rumours to their maga base that harris had sex with a piece of furniture and liked to write about it.

Spreading such rumours to destroy the image of the democrat leader would rightly be labelled absolutely disgusting by the left.

The couch thing is completely fake news. It needs to be treated as such. How can we properly attack the republicans for fake news if we are spreading it ourselves.
You would get moderators handing out 2 week bans for misogyny, racism and upsetting fellow posters who can't tell the difference between discussion and renaming it "trolling"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bit more meta than just spreading fake news, isn't it?

To me it looks like a silly meme that means nothing but mockery of a person everybody agrees is a dork spitting out stupid misogyny.

So you think furniture jokes about JD Valance are on the same level as the racial attacks against Kamala?

Is it the Democrats spreading this meme? Or just the online ecosystem?

I agree with you that Clinton didn't lose because she "went high". Indeed, by labelling a segment of Trump supporters as deplorables, she arguably didn't stay high. She misunderstood the kind of fight she was in, and took some states - especially that northern midwest segment of the country - for granted.

It's a bit more meta than just spreading fake news, isn't it?

To me it looks like a silly meme that means nothing but mockery of a person everybody agrees is a dork spitting out stupid misogyny.
It's the same as Engadine Maccas.

People know it's probabkly not true but it fits their personality. That's why it goes viral.

LOL Nobody took the couch stuff seriously. It would have been chuckled at for a day and then forgotten. It was someone in Vance's team or he himself that decided to come out and deny the story. That didn't make it true, but it did keep it in the news cycles. And then it becomes a meme, giving everyone on Earth a shot at being funny with furniture.
Of course the original was fake news. The reaction was news.

It's the same as Engadine Maccas.

People know it's probabkly not true but it fits their personality. That's why it goes viral.
It's a pretty old political trick in a lot of ways, the end game is to force them to deny it out loud.

Is it the Democrats spreading this meme? Or just the online ecosystem?

I agree with you that Clinton didn't lose because she "went high". Indeed, by labelling a segment of Trump supporters as deplorables, she arguably didn't stay high. She misunderstood the kind of fight she was in, and took some states - especially that northern midwest segment of the country - for granted.
They haven't denounced it. Wouldn't be hard for them to release a twitter statement denouncing the couch rumour whilst also stating why Vance is such a terrible candidate.

LOL Nobody took the couch stuff seriously. It would have been chuckled at for a day and then forgotten. It was someone in Vance's team or he himself that decided to come out and deny the story. That didn't make it true, but it did keep it in the news cycles. And then it becomes a meme, giving everyone on Earth a shot at being funny with furniture.
Of course the original was fake news. The reaction was news.
People believed it when it first came out. It's not true that it started as an obvious joke. Plus it's a disgusting joke even if that was the case. Imagine if the joke was about Harris. It would be labelled the most appalling form of Racism and sexism the republicans ever came up with.

We should not go that low. We should be far better than that.

People believed it when it first came out. It's not true that it started as an obvious joke. Plus it's a disgusting joke even if that was the case. Imagine if the joke was about Harris. It would be labelled the most appalling form of Racism and sexism the republicans ever came up with.
Problem for Vance is the story is believable and completely in keeping with the weird little, menstruation monitoring chap that he is.

They haven't denounced it. Wouldn't be hard for them to release a twitter statement denouncing the couch rumour whilst also stating why Vance is such a terrible candidate.
Doesn't referring to it add some credence to it, or give it more oxygen? Maybe it's just one of those things so silly (or irrelevant) that it's best ignored.

It's a pretty old political trick in a lot of ways, the end game is to force them to deny it out loud.
This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson’s early campaigns in Texas. The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumor campaign about his opponent’s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his own barnyard sows.

“Christ, we can’t get a way with calling him a pig-****er,” the campaign manager protested. “Nobody’s going to believe a thing like that.”

“I know,” Johnson replied. “But let’s make the sonofabitch deny it.”

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail.

This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson’s early campaigns in Texas. The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumor campaign about his opponent’s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his own barnyard sows.

“Christ, we can’t get a way with calling him a pig-****er,” the campaign manager protested. “Nobody’s going to believe a thing like that.”

“I know,” Johnson replied. “But let’s make the sonofabitch deny it.”

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail.
Was thinking of exactly that.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back