USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Only a matter of time till they are voting for heads in jars like in Futurama

View attachment 2039772

I used to want Slurm as a kid.

Also
Hungry Space GIF by audreyobscura

"What happens if no presidential candidate gets 270 electoral votes?​

If no candidate receives a majority of electoral votes, the Presidential election leaves the Electoral College process and moves to Congress.

The House of Representatives elects the President from the three (3) Presidential candidates who received the most electoral votes. Each State delegation has one vote and it is up to the individual States to determine how to vote. (Since the District of Columbia is not a State, it has no State delegation in the House and cannot vote). A candidate must receive at least 26 votes (a majority of the States) to be elected.

The Senate elects the Vice President from the two (2) Vice Presidential candidates with the most electoral votes. Each Senator casts one vote for Vice President. (Since the District of Columbia is not a State, it has no Senators so does not participate in the vote). A candidate must receive at least 51 votes (a majority of Senators) to be elected.

If the House of Representatives fails to elect a President by Inauguration Day, the Vice-President Elect serves as acting President until the deadlock is resolved in the House."

The GOP controls the House, so Trump wins. No doubt appeals to the Surpreme Court would occur, so Trump wins.
That really would result in civil war.

These are conservative values you can relate to
You'd think so wouldn't you? But according to the rabid MAGA nuts, not so much.

The whole conservative and MAGA movement is designed to try and trick people into voting agains their best interests. To any conservative/MAGA person on here, prove me wrong with a constructive argument. I am 99.99999% sure no one will take up the challenge.

Also, 99.99999% of the Trump voters would be better off with policies of a Walz as opposed to a Trump/Vance.

Watching the momentum and indulging fantasy for a moment by looking for parallels to 2008:

• Black Democrat
  • Ticket shored-up with likeable old white guy
  • Old-as Republican saddled by unpopularity from the previous administration (this time, his own)
  • Weirdo running mate

They're even trying to sell on "not going back" (hope/change) and offering a fresh alternative which is 100% the right positioning imo.

I was too young to remember '08 that well, but Obama's poll lead over McCain looks like it really opened up from around mid-September?

Obviously a lot more polarised since then - they're not going to take Indiana, and Harris is no Obama. But the race fundamentals and momentum are all very encouraging for the Dems to strengthen their position in the run-in.

Watching the momentum and indulging fantasy for a moment by looking for parallels to 2008:

• Black Democrat
  • Ticket shored-up with likeable old white guy
  • Old-as Republican saddled by unpopularity from the previous administration (this time, his own)
  • Weirdo running mate

They're even trying to sell on "not going back" (hope/change) and offering a fresh alternative which is 100% the right positioning imo.

I was too young to remember '08 that well, but Obama's poll lead over McCain looks like it really opened up from around mid-September?

Obviously a lot more polarised since then - they're not going to take Indiana, and Harris is no Obama. But the race fundamentals and momentum are all very encouraging for the Dems to strengthen their position in the run-in.
There are similarities, in republicans having no idea how to attack, which is similar to 2008.

Harris not as charismatic as Obama, but Walz >>> Biden in every way.

Also McCain was no existential threat to democracy or any far right goons like Steve Miller, Bannon etc in tow. Palin, well JD Vance is less likeable, less engaging (not that Palin was), though maybe not quite as dumb (just a soulless opportunist).

Yes.

Believe it or not McCain was actually ahead of Obama by a couple of percent in polls in early September post RNC when the selection of Palin energised the base and drew a lot of support in from independents.

Then in mid September 2 things happened. The GFC started on Sep 16 and McCain being an incumbent GOP Senator copped the blame. Then Palin did the Katie Couric interview where it was realised she was an absolute imbecile (this was considered a negative in 2008) and people realised she was one 72 year old’s heartbeat away from the Presidency (again considered a negative in 2008).

Obama pulled away comfortably in the polls after that and won on a record margin for recent elections (also discovered today he came within 3% of taking Montana of all places!)

I think the voters are far more set in their ways now and we won’t be seeing larger changes late in the election cycle like 2008

Yes.

Believe it or not McCain was actually ahead of Obama by a couple of percent in polls in early September post RNC when the selection of Palin energised the base and drew a lot of support in from independents.

Then in mid September 2 things happened. The GFC started on Sep 16 and McCain being an incumbent GOP Senator copped the blame. Then Palin did the Katie Couric interview where it was realised she was an absolute imbecile (this was considered a negative in 2008) and people realised she was one 72 year old’s heartbeat away from the Presidency (again considered a negative in 2008).

Obama pulled away comfortably in the polls after that and won on a record margin for recent elections (also discovered today he came within 3% of taking Montana of all places!)

I think the voters are far more set in their ways now and we won’t be seeing larger changes late in the election cycle like 2008
200w.gif

You'd think so wouldn't you? But according to the rabid MAGA nuts, not so much.

The whole conservative and MAGA movement is designed to try and trick people into voting agains their best interests. To any conservative/MAGA person on here, prove me wrong with a constructive argument. I am 99.99999% sure no one will take up the challenge.

Also, 99.99999% of the Trump voters would be better off with policies of a Walz as opposed to a Trump/Vance.
You would think so. That is why we struggle to comprehend the attraction to such a flawed person, who has no constructive policies - we think with our heads. But authoritarians appeal to the heart, they make people feel things, they get the blood up. They have fed into (white) people’s fear of the future.

The Dems may now be competing on ‘getting the blood up’. Contesting for people’s hearts.

Walz is an old white guy - a soldier, a coach, that is telling old white people that you don’t have to be afraid of the future. There is joy in the future.

Last edited:
Then Palin did the Katie Couric interview where it was realised she was an absolute imbecile (this was considered a negative in 2008) and people realised she was one 72 year old’s heartbeat away from the Presidency (again considered a negative in 2008).
LOL, this made me laugh.

I gunna have to assume that there is videos of people doing this for real on one of the various pr0n sites. Purely based on JD's factitious exploits.
This was from RF

I assume this was a video he thought would make him look successful and Alpha

This was from RF

I assume this was a video he thought would make him look successful and Alpha

Justifies it with “I thought I’d come over and inspect my plane. What will be my plane in a couple of months.”

[Don’t get us started on how f’n dumb you have to be, in 2024, to orchestrate a photo op that consists of white males. Surely they could grab a few females, and people of colour from somewhere. Optics are crucial - they must reinforce your narrative, because everyone knows that ‘talk is cheap’.]

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justifies it with “I thought I’d come over and inspect my plane. What will be my plane in a couple of months.”

[Don’t get us started on how f’n dumb you have to be in 2024 to orchestrate a photo op that consists of white males - surely they could grab a few females, and people of colour from somewhere.]
Positive sign - not a couch in sight.

[Don’t get us started on how f’n dumb you have to be, in 2024, to orchestrate a photo op that consists of white males. Surely they could grab a few females, and people of colour from somewhere. Optics are crucial - they must reinforce your narrative, because everyone knows that ‘talk is cheap’.]
I just saw the whole video. It was all a bit weird. It wasn't a photo op per se, it was a coincidental event, in that both their planes arrived at the same time. For some reason Vance saw it as an opportunity to walk over there and do an impromptu presser about how Harris hasn't taken any interviews or answered the press since ascending to the nomination.

Although it's a reasonable line of attack and will be an issue over the coming days, it was a weird way of going about it. There's that word again.

I'm pretty sure this does reinforce their narrative, that they think only white males should be in power.

Note to others in thread: this isn't a criticism of white males, I am criticising the ides the GOP have that ONLY white guys can/should be in any position of power.

I just saw the whole video. It was all a bit weird. It wasn't a photo op per se, it was a coincidental event, in that both their planes arrived at the same time. For some reason Vance saw it as an opportunity to walk over there and do an impromptu presser about how Harris hasn't taken any interviews or answered the press since ascending to the nomination.

Although it's a reasonable line of attack and will be an issue over the coming days, it was a weird way of going about it. There's that word again.
An impromptu presser is a ‘photo op’. The interaction received coverage.

Followed up with a posting from the official Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung: “Make sure AF2 is deep cleaned because Lord only knows what @KamalaHarris and her team have done on there. The smell on that plane must be crazy.”

Followed up with a posting from the official Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung: “Make sure AF2 is deep cleaned because Lord only knows what @KamalaHarris and her team have done on there. The smell on that plane must be crazy.”
The irony of that tweet coming from this mutated big toe.

IMG_9319.jpeg

Because people are saying the thread name needs to change:

I started the thread but mods put other posts in the thread, including older ones, so now Financialpanther is the thread starter, so he or a moderator should have the honours for a new thread title.
With great power comes great responsibility - Spinynorman over to you sir.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back