USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I see its OK to attack one of the pillars of democracy because the Democrats couldn't stack it with Judges they appointed. How are them sour grapes?
Wow, that reply is telling.

Maybe switch off your device and go for a walk.

I wasn’t referring to anything of the sort.

SC judges are voted in for the rest of their lives.

That’s bad enough, yet rules around their mental competence, and their accepting of perks - which might act as some sort of modest brake on this travesty - are a complete joke, to the extent they even exist.

So yeah, most people would use the word undemocratic.

Wow, that reply is telling.

Maybe switch off your device and go for a walk.

I wasn’t referring to anything of the sort.

SC judges are voted in for the rest of their lives.

That’s bad enough, yet rules around their mental competence, and their accepting of perks - which might act as some sort of modest brake on this travesty - are a complete joke, to the extent they even exist.

So yeah, most people would use the word undemocratic.

Well you didn't say that but.....Lifelong appointment is meant to protect the SC Judges from political interference. Which SC is mentally incompetent? Perks should be banned.

What I said is exactly what leftist activists are whining about. Democrats literally proposed increasing the number of Judges on the SC so they could appoint more of their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you didn’t say that
No, you’re quite right, I didn’t. I only said “nothing democratic about the SC” and that was a cue for you to leap straight into a left-bashing jag.

Lifelong appointment is meant to protect the SC Judges from political interference.
Personally can’t see any connection between those two things.

Which SC is mentally incompetent?
Again, I’m talking about the SC as a supposedly “democratic” institution, not about its current makeup. There are numerous cases throughout its history of judges who were believed to be senile.

Perks should be banned.
Good that we agree. Though I believe most SC judges pride themselves on their impartiality, the lack of rules around this is a joke.

What I said is exactly what leftist activists are whining about. Democrats literally proposed increasing the number of Judges on the SC so they could appoint more of their own.
No worse than the republicans point-blank refusing to consider Obama’s nominee. And that was an actual action, not mere talk.

But I have no doubt there are numerous egregious examples of attempts throughout history of either side to game the process, which merely reinforces my original point that the SC, and the processes around its makeup and function, are undemocratic.

Yet over the centuries it has relentlessly aggrandised itself into a position of untrammelled power over the actual democracy.

Were it not for his last name this brain wormed, whale desecrating, bear cub killing and emu cohabitating zoophilic wreck of a human being would have been locked up years ago.

But he's also a perfect fit for Team Trump.

Kasie Hunt has been through the wars with her health, a few years back she went through a significant operation to remove a benign brain tumour.

Nothing democratic about the Supreme Court.
Indeed, at present it is nothing more than a conservative rubber stamp.

Mind you, it would be no better if it were the opposite, ie in the Democrats' favour.

It should be there to decide and adjudicate on matters of law, in an apolitical fashion. As it stands currently, it is both a joke and a disgrace.

Well you didn't say that but.....Lifelong appointment is meant to protect the SC Judges from political interference. Which SC is mentally incompetent? Perks should be banned.

Instead it just perpetuates the opposite - it allows either side of politics to get a judge that leans their way on the SC until they die.

What was that you were saying about political interference?

Oh I see its OK to attack one of the pillars of democracy because the Democrats couldn't stack it with Judges they appointed. How are them sour grapes?
The current US SC may well be one of the "pillars of democracy" in theory, but it certainly isn't in practice.

Indeed, at present it is nothing more than a conservative rubber stamp.

Mind you, it would be no better if it were the opposite, ie in the Democrats' favour.

It should be there to decide and adjudicate on matters of law, in an apolitical fashion. As it stands currently, it is both a joke and a disgrace.
Particularly one justice wife was involved on J6and he didnt re accuse himself

And one taking trips etc from a conservative head honcho

Were it not for his last name this brain wormed, whale desecrating, bear cub killing and emu cohabitating zoophilic wreck of a human being would have been locked up years ago.

But he's also a perfect fit for Team Trump.
"There are 77 recommended vaccines for a child."

- "I have a vaccine record for my child and there are not 77 vaccines."

"77- ah - 72 doses of 16 vaccines."

The assumption is that vaccines are dangerous and too many doses are given?

He's trying to walk some line between appealing to anti-vax people and not scaring away votes from everyone else who has seen what happens when vaccination rates drop off.

Probably not worth the alternate off topic posts it generates but, in Australia, one Google search gives this:

1725062247577.png

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back