USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

You honestly don't? She's ****ing huge, man. Do you not remember her aus tour? Everything else went on the back burner, including footy. Her linking registration info and early voting info, plus supporting Harris, will impact this election more than anything trump does.

There's lots of lazy people that put things off too long, or can't be bothered. An idol pushing them to do it will make a difference. Taylor swift is worth more than all the media personalities opinions combined to non political nuffies.
She has a level of fan support for a musical performer I'm struggling to remember an equivalent of in my lifetime - maybe Abba at their peak in Australia from about 75 to 77. Obviously the Beatles too, but they were before my time.

She is not only musically talented (even though I'm not a fan of her music I'm not going to deny her talent) but she is intelligent, savvy, articulate and thoughtful. Via her music and social media she can use those qualities to wield immense influence if she wishes.

So Tay Tay endorsing Harris is a big deal. At the very least, she will get a lot of young, first time voters to the ballot box. That's besides likely swaying the undecided in her fan base to vote for Harris as well. How many she will influence is hard to put a number on, but it will be significant.

Anyone underestimating the effect her endorsement will have is kidding themselves.

It went as expected, she has no substance and just flipped flopped around as usual.
This is the funniest post I have seen today.

Not "funny ha ha"...

There is still double the amount of time left than a standard Aussie election runs for. I'm not sure I'm gonna make it.
They seem to be in a perpetual election campaign in the US. It's ridiculous.

You think 50,000 will suddenly vote for Harris who wasn’t already?
I think she is doing some smart campaigning in areas predominately red. She is visiting those areas when no-one else has done before.

If she can peel away a couple of thousand in each area where Dems have not polled strongly before, may just be enough to get to the 30,000 - 50,000.

She has a level of fan support for a musical performer I'm struggling to remember an equivalent of in my lifetime - maybe Abba at their peak in Australia from about 75 to 77. Obviously the Beatles too, but they were before my time.

She is not only musically talented (even though I'm not a fan of her music I'm not going to deny her talent) but she is intelligent, savvy, articulate and thoughtful. Via her music and social media she can use those qualities to wield immense influence if she wishes.

So Tay Tay endorsing Harris is a big deal. At the very least, she will get a lot of young, first time voters to the ballot box. That's besides likely swaying the undecided in her fan base to vote for Harris as well. How many she will influence is hard to put a number on, but it will be significant.

Anyone underestimating the effect her endorsement will have is kidding themselves.
Roughly equivalent to the Beatles, I would say. Enormous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may see an imported cars go up in the short term but with more attractive local manufacturing options that can bring their costs down with increased demand while creating jobs.
No. What actually happens is, American cars all use at least some imports in their construction. Assembly line robots may be imported, materials may be imported, equipment to make parts may be imported, the parts themselves may be imported.

If producers replace these with local, the reason they were importing and not using local in the first place is, the local option was either inferior, or more costly, or both.

So, American cars become more expensive and lower quality.

What will happen is what happened in Australia. Cost of production will rise until the cost of American cars in America are no better than the cost of foreign cars in America, even after the tariff is taken into account.

However, on the international market, where they aren't protected by tariffs, those American cars are now totally uncompetitive.

The market for American cars will shrink to those parts of the world protected by American tariffs. While the Toyotas and Hyundai's of the world will market to the whole world. Including America.

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately Harris won the debate tonight. And even if she didn't she did well and truly enough to calm any worries about her not being able to handle Trump in a Debate.

She did enough tonight, but I hope it wasn't enough in the end to sway to many undecided voters.

Was the Debate skewed against Trump, absolutely, but we all know the ABC would make it a lot easier for the Democrats going in to it.

Trump looked rattled a little for mine.

God help the Americans that the gap between Right and Left is a chasm and looks like it will never be mended. sadly its past the point of fixing.

God help the West..... the Decline is nearly beyond fixing now.

Last edited:
I thought it was my imagination but it wasn't, Trump got an extra 5 minutes more than Harris.

Possibly because they let him go out and not muting his mic. which is fair I supposes as would they then be accused of censoring him.

Some posters on here say this isn't a big deal. This is bigger and will have more impact than RFK jnr pulling out and endorsing Trump. This Swift endorsement will get a LOT of young people who have never voted onboard, and being from Pennsylvania will make a huge difference there.

Trump talking to the press “the polls are saying we got 90%”

Why not 190%?

Hilarious. Claiming the "polls" he has seen were saying 90%, 85% 71% were showing him as winning the debate.

As one reporter asked him, why are you here holding a press conference with us straight after the debate if you think you won? Shouldn't you have let the debate speak for you?

So true.

Just watching CNN talk to undecideds and one of the females said she favored Kamala because she was positive in what she said, even though she did not agree with her on abortion, what sort of ****ing female would not support what the Dems and Kamala want to do with abortion rights, they are truly ****ed up over there.

I thought it was my imagination but it wasn't, Trump got an extra 5 minutes more than Harris.

Possibly because they let him go out and not muting his mic. which is fair I supposes as would they then be accused of censoring him.
I think the Harris campaign is perfectly happy with him having more time to let his freak flag fly.

Just watching CNN talk to undecideds and one of the females said she favored Kamala because she was positive in what she said, even though she did not agree with her on abortion, what sort of ****ing female would not support what the Dems and Kamala want to do with abortion rights, they are truly ****ed up over there.
Haven't you heard the stories about Republican women getting abortions and abusing the nurses and doctors about how they are baby killers, whilst they prep said woman for an abortion? It's insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back