USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

trump supporters on taylor swift harris endorsement: sad that people require a celebrity completely detached from reality to inspire them to vote

the pet comments are truly disturbing so i had to read a bit more to know where the hell this has come from and how much of anything there was to it. to my mind, it is definitely possible that that % of immigrants landing in a town could cause problems by way of their disparity or separation from the community (lack of employment, family, access to everyday things etc). but i've learnt that the photos/vids causing consternation are often not even taken in springfield, and one of the stories actually revolves around an american citizen eating a cat. even rupey's news.com.au points this out.

All Kamala did was follow the rehearsal down to a tee, fire barbs off at the Don and avoided any cacklebox behaviour. She was well prepared, but she said nothing of any substance at all. I doubt they will debate again?
I guess their thinking is that zero is greater than negative shitloads.

If she can move a couple of those into fairly secure wins, it narrows the playing field and she can swing her vast resources into a small number of states, and it may potentially open up fights in other states.

For example if Florida and Texas can move closer, even if she has no chance of winning them (and she doesn't need them) she can put money into them forcing the Trump campaign to spend money there as well when they don't have the cash to be doing that.

FL and TX are their only (long shot) chances to flip senate seats too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't the Swift followers be all children. Are grown adults, who are allowed to vote, going to follow Taylor Swift at the election booth? Is that what the US has become?
She's actually been around a while, when she toured earlier this year plenty of twenty somethings at my workplace went....

Wouldn't the Swift followers be all children. Are grown adults, who are allowed to vote, going to follow Taylor Swift at the election booth? Is that what the US has become?
Did you not see the audience at her world tour? It's a broad age range.

America doesn't have compulsory voting, so yes, endorsements like this can matter. It might mean the mum/girl who leans Harris, but wouldn't/doesn't vote, actually gets out and votes.

I'm not sure too many will be going, oh i was a trump voter but i'm now changing because of Swift. It's about getting people who are inclined to support a candidate to actually vote.

No, just asking about how much influence it has. You being a travelling man?? of the world should know the answer.
Some people will probably vote for Trump because of the Musk endorsement others will vote for Harris because of Swift. If there was nothing to be gained from these sort of things politicians wouldn't seek them.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back