USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

The last great debate was between Barrack Obama and Mit Romney in 2012. This is how far America has fallen.
The conservative side of politics has created this.
  1. Conservatives no longer contest policy. Trump now has "concepts of a plan"
  2. Conservatives no longer accept established facts. They have invented "alternative facts" to bypass that.
  3. Conservatives no longer adhere to any convention. Trump at Arlington, Morrison multiple ministries, Trump not accepting election results, ......and on and on and on.....
  4. Conservatives no longer accept critical press. It is either "fake news" or "left leaning" or "biased" or "unfair"
I use the word "conservatives" to describe a side of politics knowing that none of Trump/Morrison/Boris etc. are actual conservatives - they are all reactionary populists.

Wouldn't the Swift followers be all children. Are grown adults, who are allowed to vote, going to follow Taylor Swift at the election booth? Is that what the US has become?
Lots of them were children very recently but have reached voting age.
Swifts endorsement and encouragement could well be the catalyst for many to register/vote who otherwise wouldn't have thought about doing so.
Maybe reach some that don't read the news but DO check Tay Tays insta daily.

Swifts endorsement and encouragement could well be the catalyst for many to register/vote who otherwise wouldn't have thought about doing so.
If Swift's endorsement meant so little MAGA wouldn't be bitching about it this hard.

330,000 inquires to vote.org after Swifts post

A bit of influence

The concept of linking from a pop stars website to a voting website is quite scary. I kind of understand first time voters and young people but one would hope it is limited to them.

FYI. The reason Hulk Hogan, Dick Cheney, De Niro etc etc didnt pique my curiosity is that anyone that would follow them needs certification. I thought that would be a given. Now, and after looking further into it, Taylor Swift is obviously a Phenomenon not seen before.

No. Knew it happened but had no interest in watching any coverage at all.

But thanks for your response.

While 45 per cent of Swift's US fans are millennials — like the 34-year-old herself — 21 per cent are Gen X and 25 per cent are Boomers, according to a 2023 survey. That means nearly half of her millions of fans are likely over 45.

Thanks You. Makes sense. If it gets young ones voting or interested then that's good.

Surely there wouldn't be many or any similar to her. Surely no-one is going to be glued to Dick Cheneys Instagram waiting for his endorsement.

The concept of linking from a pop stars website to a voting website is quite scary. I kind of understand first time voters and young people but one would hope it is limited to them.

Why is sharing a link to the Voting Registration a scary thing?
There would be many young people who have never voted. And there would be plenty of older folk that also haven't voted.
Unlike here where when you reach 18 you are on the electoral roll.

OK. I've had a lesson on Taylor Swift today. I don't think I have heard a song of hers. Maybe the youngest played some of her when at home but I had the father switch off. Might have to listen to some stuff.

OK. I've had a lesson on Taylor Swift today. I don't think I have heard a song of hers. Maybe the youngest played some of her when at home but I had the father switch off. Might have to listen to some stuff.
the simpsons adult GIF

Sent with affection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My girls are right into her, her music is perfectly fine. Not my first choice on the rare occasions i get to choose, but certainly not offensive to listen to compared to other stuff they like.

My girls are right into her, her music is perfectly fine. Not my first choice on the rare occasions i get to choose, but certainly not offensive to listen to compared to other stuff they like.
lol my main gripe with a lot of modern mainstream music is how inoffensive it is. Just elevator stuff that does not stir any emotion in me whatsoever....

FYI. The reason Hulk Hogan, Dick Cheney, De Niro etc etc didnt pique my curiosity is that anyone that would follow them needs certification. I thought that would be a given. Now, and after looking further into it, Taylor Swift is obviously a Phenomenon not seen before.
there is a thread on bf about the afl reserve at the mcg ( and marvel) and AFL membership . When the taylor swifts tickets got released last year and ticketek crashed, there was great mirth amongst the posters on this thread about the reaction of swifties not getting tickets because grand final tickets for AFL members is a fiasco every year despite shelling 680 per year as a gold member for some

Wouldn't the Swift followers be all children.
No, also teens and in their 20's. Her bracelet thing went full on amongst all ages.
Are grown adults, who are allowed to vote, going to follow Taylor Swift at the election booth? Is that what the US has become?
Parents go along with the younger kids.

When Swift came to Melbourne I was on a flight from Queensland and the plane was full of adults and their children Swift fans.

Why is sharing a link to the Voting Registration a scary thing?
There would be many young people who have never voted. And there would be plenty of older folk that also haven't voted.
Unlike here where when you reach 18 you are on the electoral roll.
I kind of understand first time voters and young people but one would hope it is limited to them.

Again, this all comes back to the US not having compulsory voting. Registering to vote is important and the first step to actually being able to vote. Linking to that site is perfectly fine. It's a civic duty that not enough Americans and others around the world do. If larger number of people voted then extremists wouldn't have a chance.

Wouldn't the Swift followers be all children. Are grown adults, who are allowed to vote, going to follow Taylor Swift at the election booth? Is that what the US has become?

alot of now adult were taylor swift fans when they were in their teens. Its not about "following" her, shes asking them to register to vote, and then decide whos the best fit for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back