USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you know that Trump has spawned a new genre of redneck hip hop called Maga Rap?

This is the equivalent of failed rock bands all of a sudden becoming "christian" and putting out "christian rock".

This bloke Forgiato blow from wikipedia
He released his first album in 2013, with subsequent releases attracting little attention.[3]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgiato_Blow#cite_note-Owen-3
In 2016, he released "Silver Spoon", his first pro-Trump song, and "was later able to carve out a niche for himself within the movement surrounding Donald Trump".[3] Since then, his music and videos have been supportive of conservative figures and groups, including Roger Stone, Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and the Proud Boys.[3][4][5] His music often concerns culture war topics, for instance, a song titled "Boycott Target", which accused Target of grooming children with pride merchandise, reached #1 on iTunes.[6]

Having been anti-Trump since 2016, I still can't believe he mentioned Haitians eating cats and dogs. Haitians are legal immigrants and invited to settle in Springfield due to a shortage of labour. No other word but racist.

Back to the debate... .

Former President Donald Trump delivered more than 30 false claims during Tuesday’s presidential debate against Vice President Kamala Harris, CNN’s preliminary count found – as he did during his June debate against President Joe Biden.

Trump again delivered a staggering quantity and variety of false claims, some of which were egregious lies about topics including abortion, immigration and the economy.

Harris was far more accurate than Trump; CNN’s preliminary count found just one false claim from the vice president, though she also added some claims that were misleading or lacking in key context.

Harris's misleading statement was about fracking:
Harris said in the 2020 vice presidential debate: “Joe Biden will not end fracking”; “I will repeat, and the American people know, that Joe Biden will not ban fracking.”

I really don't want to watch it again but what did Trump say about wind, climate change and deserts. I sort of got lost in what he was saying.

He really blew this, all he had to do was concentrate on economy, less exaggerating on immigration and he would have done much better. But as usual, his ego gets in the way. Harris and her advisors even gave him a heads up what they were going to do.

Harris has still got a lot of work to do drilling down on her economic policies especially to win over more voters.
Seems to me that Harris is marked against a higher standard than Trump on the economy especially by the media. Why is this? I am yet to hear anything of substance from DonOld as to what his plans for the economy are. Plus he just pulls numbers out of thin air to make himself look good and his opponents look bad.

Seems to me that Harris is marked against a higher standard than Trump on the economy especially by the media. Why is this? I am yet to hear anything of substance from DonOld as to what his plans for the economy are. Plus he just pulls numbers out of thin air to make himself look good and his opponents look bad.
You are right in fact they should do that on both but she does get a harder, 'please explain'.

If the dem's only got "he's weird" it won't neutralise DJT's memeticEdge™✓

as Michelle is wont to say 'do better' in parlance passive aggressive
How many bets have you placed on his election this time? Which shares will skyrocket with the removal of consumer and worker protections? My investments in wall-building companies flopped last time.

I’ve obviously heard of Taylor Swift but like yourself don’t follow her or know any of her music, so asked ChatGPT for an age demographic spread of her fanbase. This was the answer I got…

Taylor Swift’s fanbase spans a wide age demographic, reflecting her evolution as an artist over the years. Here’s a general breakdown of the age groups in her fanbase:

1. Teens and Young Adults (13-25): This group makes up a large portion of Swift’s fanbase, particularly among those who connected with her earlier albums like Fearless and Speak Now. Her shift to pop with albums like 1989 and Lover also brought in younger listeners who identify with her relatable lyrics about love, relationships, and self-discovery.
2. Millennials (26-40): Many fans who grew up listening to Swift’s earlier country music followed her career as she transitioned into pop and then indie-folk with folklore and evermore. This group appreciates her evolving sound and often connects with the nostalgia and emotional maturity present in her later work.
3. Parents and Older Adults (40+): While this is a smaller portion of her fanbase, many older listeners appreciate her storytelling and songwriting. Some were introduced to her music by their children and became fans of her more mature themes, particularly in her recent albums.

Swift’s fanbase cuts across generations due to her ability to adapt her music, appeal to different life stages, and maintain cultural relevance through reinvention.
i posted earlier that 18-40 female demo are the ones likely to be affected by the tough abortion laws in some states and future reproductive laws.If the repubs have a chance to bring national abortion law bans they will, despite what they say. The18-40s females voting for Harris in some tight races could be the difference . Be interested to know what the 330k inquiries demo and sex break up was

Well you would hope that someone of that age would have more reasons to vote than because Swift said so. I don't believe that is controversial.
Scary but the often don’t. There are a lot of low voting engagement people in the USA (I suppose it would be similar here if we didn’t have compulsory voting - which I believe is a key strength of our process in Australia)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scary but the often don’t. There are a lot of low voting engagement people in the USA (I suppose it would be similar here if we didn’t have compulsory voting - which I believe is a key strength of our process in Australia)

This explains better than I did. It is a commentary on compulsory v non compulsory voting.

It's like a celebrity has never endorsed a politician before.
Strong possibility he has zero appreciation of product endorsements - such as Lindburgh everything, Air Jordan, Woods x Nike, Foreman Grills etc. Marketing and sales extremely difficult aspect of business.

Just because he knows JS about something doesn’t stop him ‘mouthing off’ and denigrating those that do.

I dont think DT abortion comments have been talked about enough: he stood there as a presidential candidate and said that (paraphrase)
Doctors are aborting babies in the 9th month.
Even after they are born. they put them to the side and decide what they are going to do with them.

WTF ???

I dont think DT abortion comments have been talked about enough: he stood there as a presidential candidate and said that (paraphrase)
Even after they are born. they put them to the side and decide what they are going to do with them.

WTF ???
He's basically the equivalent of an AFL fan that lives in the Facebook comments, he believes things that no rationale person believes, which he then spouts and all normal people who don't frequent said sewer dumps wonder what they ****s he's talking about. Prime example being dog and cats being eaten that he'd "seen on TV". Will be some weird newsmax/fox thing that only insane people watch.

WTF ???
I thought the word used was 'executing'.

WTF ???
The problem is dogs and cats was worse

I think people have become immune/inured? to what he says and waits for the popcorn moment instead of analysing what he said

Presidency by soundbites

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back