USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

The poison bill rejected

The House on Wednesday defeated a $1.6 trillion stopgap spending bill to extend current government funding into March and impose new proof-of-citizenship requirements on voter registration, as Republicans and Democrats alike rejected Speaker Mike Johnson’s proposal to avert a shutdown at the end of the month.
The bipartisan repudiation was entirely expected after several Republicans had made clear they would not back the spending plan and Democrats almost uniformly opposed the voting-registration proposal. The vote was 220 to 202, with 14 Republicans joining all but three Democrats in opposition. Two Republicans voted present.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And they claim to like Trump because “he tells it like it is”.

No-one “told it like it is” more than Hillary Clinton with her deplorables comment.
Trump doesn’t even like people repeating what he has said.

It’s nasty, divisive rhetoric apparently.

burge was pretty worked up about price caps, also didn't understand the difference between price caps and price gouging.
Supermarkets in usa do and admit it

burge was pretty worked up about price caps, also didn't understand the difference between price caps and price gouging.
I’d imagine even if Trump followed through, the ripple effect would be that banks would tighten their criteria significantly, making it much more difficult for average Joes to get credit.

Strangely enough, my sister is a teacher and says it’s happening here as well for kids who identify as cats.
I heard it from another parent (not at our school, and she'd heard it from someone else) a few months back too.

Sounds very grapevine-y, surely if it was actually happening Sky News or the Herald Sun would be all over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back