Vent 2024 Vent Your Disappointments Here

Remove this Banner Ad

As you could probably tell I’m not as active anymore.

Classic, such a terrible format. I don’t know why I bother anymore.

The current situation is I’m stuck.

Matt Kennedy dropped that 30 during byes, Tom Powell sucked. I couldn’t get Jy Simpkin because he did a one week hamstring.

I was eying off Joe Daniher for a month I just couldn’t get him as a I needed to fix elsewhere.

By the time I had to fix my forwards I traded Matt Kennedy and he went on a month of 100s, not in my team.

Zac fisher & Alex sexton just completely vanished.

I landed on Izak Rankine 3 weeks ago, you know Adelaides best player at home against Brisbane.

Managed 1 fantasy at QT, while I was at the Zoo (which is a total scam), unable to watch the game at all. My Crows mate telling me, Good result Starcevich out of the game. rankine will be good now.

He didn’t bother telling me Rankine was the reason why… 4 weeks suspension.

Couldn’t even get Rozee that week who was cheaper because I needed a forward.

So then the week after I traded Rankine to Justin McInerney, been absolutely junking it on the wing. The week I had Errol captain for his 80, McInerney was killing it. I thought wow he’s pretty cheap let’s have a crack.

Yeah nah PCL, no worries mate. Don’t think I’ve owned him since Covid.

No worries luckily my other trade in was….. Dylan Moore for 70 at Pig Park.

We’ll at least I can turn McInerney into someone I didn’t have the balls to go to the week before, Mattaes Phillipou! What an absolute star.

Ah dw bout it, done his hip out for a month!!!! seriously

So I went to the bank, cashed out on Wines who plays Richmond at m8 to Humphries.

Finally, bring in the big dog Jye Caldwell

And Guess what !!!! he’s injured too

Mate there is no forwards left for me to get.

What a waste of a month.

AND ISAAC HEENEY.
That's a fair bit of bad luck this year, but have heard worse. It's been a unique year for sure. I could see a world where it best 18 every week, but only two trades every week.

due to other issues around the park i was stuck with Freijiah & Reville well past there due date.

come Round 19 & I finally got the chance to trade them out for Miers (averaging 97.5 since the bye) & Dempsey (averaging 94.5 since the bye)

I was so happy looking over my team...
until Miers gets 52 & Dempsey gets 30!

Now I have traded Dempsey down to Brain, & Miers up to Zorko.. watch the Geelong boys go bang this week! 🤣

oh, and i brought in Sharp for his 13 after the bye (had been averaging around 95)

Last weeks trades sum up my year.
Young out for,
McKay 62 (went 120 last time he played North) over Zorko 131 to save money to upgrade Oliver this week.

Insert this week, McKay a late out (thankfully got a notification before bounce down)

Topping off last week's brilliance, Houston with a 7pt last quarter to finish on 93 over Stewart 125.
Death ride both their scores as I went back and forth on that trade all week seemed ok to 3QT.
Every time I clicked on Stewart's profile the over 30 alarm bells ring, and that he often goes to crap when I have him.

So my trades cost me 101 pts. (Lost a league match up by 70 odd and now unlikely to make top 8), and a forced trade back out with McKay which will use up some of the money I'd banked to get rid of Oliver. Probably have to keep him another week or two now.
Likely holding Dawson.

Awful trades, but thankfully not bothering me all that much. Had a better mindset for fantasy this year. Not winning the car, or even close to a hat so what does it matter if I finish 9,318 or 13,156?. World's still spinning and all that.

due to other issues around the park i was stuck with Freijiah & Reville well past there due date.

come Round 19 & I finally got the chance to trade them out for Miers (averaging 97.5 since the bye) & Dempsey (averaging 94.5 since the bye)

I was so happy looking over my team...
until Miers gets 52 & Dempsey gets 30!

Now I have traded Dempsey down to Brain, & Miers up to Zorko.. watch the Geelong boys go bang this week! 🤣

oh, and i brought in Sharp for his 13 after the bye (had been averaging around 95)
Screenshot 2024-07-27 142156.png
Surprise GIF

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Vent 2024 Vent Your Disappointments Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back