VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Must of watch a different game to me. Set up many scoring opportunities today and at least creates a contest. He was way ahead of McNeil mid year. Obviously McNeil is now. However Clarke is 20yrs old. Plenty of upside in my humble.
He is ahead of Arthur easily and i think Clarke leads our goal kicking. Pretty good effort considering we have had no key fwds.
Yes Clarke has kicked 18.8 he is having a good year at VFL level I wouldn’t be giving up on him yet.

How many games do players need to play to qualify for finals?
Just looked it up

Competition rules state that players must have featured in six VFL games during that particular season, and played no more than 12 AFL games, to be eligible to play in the VFL finals.

Just looked it up

Competition rules state that players must have featured in six VFL games during that particular season, and played no more than 12 AFL games, to be eligible to play in the VFL finals.
If both teams feature in finals and play same wk end I think they can play.

The rule is fair. It stops teams from dumping all their AFL players into their VFL team, if their AFL team misses the finals, but the VFL qualify. It protects the integrity of the league. How pissed would you be if we finished first, only to lose to 10th who happened to be their whole AFL team dropped down. You would all be going off about how its unfair, lets not kid ourselves here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rule is fair. It stops teams from dumping all their AFL players into their VFL team, if their AFL team misses the finals, but the VFL qualify. It protects the integrity of the league. How pissed would you be if we finished first, only to lose to 10th who happened to be their whole AFL team dropped down. You would all be going off about how its unfair, lets not kid ourselves here.
Agree but if the AFL team is still in it they can play right?

What do you mean? Is there any difference in eligibility based on whether the AFL team is still playing?
I posted up the rules so let’s just say if sanders and Gallagher finish the season in the VFL. They can’t play in the VFL series because Sanders and Gallagher have played 14 and 17 games respectively

I posted up the rules so let’s just say if sanders and Gallagher finish the season in the VFL. They can’t play in the VFL series because Sanders and Gallagher have played 14 and 17 games respectively
So that sounds like there is no conditionality on whether the AFL team is still playing (like was previously the case).

We could potentially be in a position where both teams are playing, Poulter could play either VFL or AFL, but Sanders and Gallagher have to watch both games from the stands and can’t keep match fit or push their case for selection. That’s garbage in my opinion given no club is going to “stack” their VFL side if the AFL team is still playing so not sure what they’re solving for.

So that sounds like there is no conditionality on whether the AFL team is still playing (like was previously the case).

We could potentially be in a position where both teams are playing, Poulter could play either VFL or AFL, but Sanders and Gallagher have to watch both games from the stands and can’t keep match fit or push their case for selection. That’s garbage in my opinion given no club is going to “stack” their VFL side if the AFL team is still playing so not sure what they’re solving for.
Poulter will qualify for the VFL finals even if he finishes the season in the AFL side because of that rule

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back