Fixture 2025 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You can guarantee we will get our share of Thursday night games.

AFL want more and they don’t seem to like playing these games in WA, QLD and Sydney.

By playing us, the reduced crowd size won’t hurt them as much also.

If you have school kids or live outside Melbourne they are a crap fixture.

If we have to play Melbourne at the MCG again in Round 1, I'll go postal.
Absolutely ridiculous of all the Rd1 matchups we've requested to create a constant fixture and got one year of them then discarded, only to have to front up and play ****ing Melbourne at their home ground every year, a fixture we sure as shit didn't ask for.

Ironically, Melbourne are imploding a little bit, so we probably won't get that matchup any more the moment it's turned slightly in our favour. :rolleyes: :mad:

Probably more likely to get them at shithole Park.

And then in Adelaide
Hopefully get a cellar dweller for gather round and only one other trip to AO. Can probably lock us into two QLD trips as well.

On a quick skim through this thread I couldn't see when the 2025 fixture is released. Anyone know?

I know they tend to drip feed morsels in order to eke out more fan clicks and media coverage but the full draw is usually published before November isn't it?

On a quick skim through this thread I couldn't see when the 2025 fixture is released. Anyone know?

I know they tend to drip feed morsels in order to eke out more fan clicks and media coverage but the full draw is usually published before November isn't it?
What's the next major sporting event that might take a ****teenth of attention away from the AFL? Remember the pricks releasing it the day of the Socceroos match against Argentina?

What's the next major sporting event that might take a ****teenth of attention away from the AFL? Remember the pricks releasing it the day of the Socceroos match against Argentina?
The Bathurst car racing thingy?

So the AFL are basically the Bailey Smiths of sporting organisations.

Usually middle of November, sometimes pushing December. So still awhile yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we do not play in the opening round, I hope we bloody do not play a team in round 1 who have ready had the benefit of s game like we did thsi season against the dees. This was a major disadvantage.

Play an intra club and a pre season against a bottom side or two pre season games against the same team.
Play a team that already played Round Zero, probably Melbourne.
Go in unprepared and try Bevo’s latest innovations or iteration of how the team should look.
Take a few rounds to finally settle on our best side.
Play the Cats twice.
All sounds familiar.
What else did I miss ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture 2025 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back