• 5th-8th

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • 9th-13th

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • 14th-18th

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think they improve on this year. A wave of momentum and confidence got them to 6th, with a reset in the off-season and potentially some more injuries to key personnel they could easily miss the finals.
They would have to be pretty fortunate to go one better next year imo.
I think their season was built on a good system rather than elite talent and opposition coaches will go to work on it. I see them sliding slightly but the addition of Barrass and Battle and what that means for Sicily and Weddle should not be underestimated.

I think their season was built on a good system rather than elite talent and opposition coaches will go to work on it. I see them sliding slightly but the addition of Barrass and Battle and what that means for Sicily and Weddle should not be underestimated.
Yeah when I said a reset in the off-season I meant for all clubs(I know I didnt make it obvious).
Hawks have very little structure in front of the ball with very average/young KPFs, and what I consider to be a shallow midfield; if they dont have Duke or Day they struggle in there.

I am interested to see what Weddle does next year, hes basically Ginbey but hes comfortable playing an outside attacking role. Hopefully Ginbey can do something similar next year off half back.

I'm in the camp that would have preferred Carlton's picks, but we'll see.

I think Hawks will be right there at the end of September. Obviously praying that I'm wrong!
Yeah I find it odd that we chose Hawthorn's picks tbh. We gave them Barrass who can only improve them so I would love to know the thought process behind thinking Hawthorn will be worse than Carlton next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not necessarily surprised we chose Hawthorn over Carlton but I do wonder if we considered hedging a little bit

Take Hawthorn’s F1 but then take Carlton’s F2/F3 for example

As it is I think that the two teams won’t finish all that far apart in 2025 so the decision won’t make a large difference

Injuries will be a big factor as always. Hawthorn finished strongly on the back of a healthy list whereas Carlton did the opposite, falling away as they continually lost players to injury

Yeah I find it odd that we chose Hawthorn's picks tbh. We gave them Barrass who can only improve them so I would love to know the thought process behind thinking Hawthorn will be worse than Carlton next year.
I think Carlton's pick is likely to be higher but Hawthorn's pick has a higher ceiling. Given both picks should be around the same mark, I don't mind that we've gone for the higher potential ceiling. I did think it was strange that we didn't hedge our bets by taking one of each.

Possibly banking on them getting ahead of themselves and thinking that it will just happen for them.

A bit like adelaide this year after that umpiring **** up cost them finals.

Speaking of adelaide, surely the pressure is on them and nicks to make finals this year.

Did Hawthorn really give us a choice of either their or Carlton's picks.
Would have thought it was a no brainer for us to select Carlton's picks.
Carlton have very little chance of making the top 4 and is a decent chance of not making the top 8 at all.
Better chance of that happening compared to Hawthorn.

Star Wars Fun GIF by MOODMAN

I'm more optimistic with Carlton than Hawthorn. It's easy to overlook how many injuries they had this year. Cripps, Curnow, McKay, Western and Walsh is a good spread of high end talent over the field.

Hawks are essentially a bunch of spare parts cobbled together by a mad man (Mitchell). Hinkley broke their gameplan in the finals and I expected other teams to take note. Their young punks also seem to be drinking their bathwater heavily. I could see them doing a Freo 2023 and finishing bottom 4.

Their young punks also seem to be drinking their bathwater heavily. I could see them doing a Freo 2023 and finishing bottom 4.

The most punchable list in the comp so even if we didn't have all their picks I'd pray for this. Also for it to all fall apart off-field like Melbourne too.

As it is I think that the two teams won’t finish all that far apart in 2025 so the decision won’t make a large difference

I think this is right so why wouldn't we give Hawthorn a subtle middle finger by saying we rate their picks much higher than Carlton's. Well played I say, brilliantly petty.

I think this is right so why wouldn't we give Hawthorn a subtle middle finger by saying we rate their picks much higher than Carlton's. Well played I say, brilliantly petty.
Also Carltons picks were traded for pick 14, so we effectively said no to 14 and a future 3rd for Barrass and a future 4th which sounds much worse than what we ended up with.

I dont think they improve on this year. A wave of momentum and confidence got them to 6th, with a reset in the off-season and potentially some more injuries to key personnel they could easily miss the finals.
They would have to be pretty fortunate to go one better next year imo.

Don't mention that on the main board.

There are some serious one eyed Hawks posters frothing at any suggestion they won't automatically get better. You are an idiot if you think they won't automatically get better.

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 Hawks death ride

Back