2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

After Cox finishes I’d rather have a forward who can ruck rather than a ruck who plays forward but yes we do play better with the 2 rucks at the moment.
Time will tell.
He didn't get much luck this year with that toe issue. Hopefully a strong off season and pre-season, he can build up and get more experience in him. We'll see what he can become.

Straight up, Noble would not be getting us his value back from a trade. He's also contracted til he's 30, at a premiership window club.

And an important player to our game style

It wouldn't happen

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Love JFN. The rumour re GC is interesting given he is contracted which you would think means them taking over contract payments and us getting something else back pick wise. Who knows, the club may see that as getting value under the right circumstances.

Love JFN. The rumour re GC is interesting given he is contracted which you would think means them taking over contract payments and us getting something else back pick wise. Who knows, the club may see that as getting value under the right circumstances.
I think GC will go Rioli cant see them going for Noble if they do this.

The fear mongering on our list profile has been crazy all year and most people have fallen for.

I can tell you, we won't be taking heaps of picks to the draft, it simply isn't the way you maintain and produce a good list.

This year won't be big for us at the draft

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
I am not sure, but are there not rules that every club must draft a minimum number of players from draft each year? Google shows this .. Each club must have at least three selections in the AFL Draft.

Surely eyre gets another year on the rookie list given there wouldn't have too many expectations for him coming off his injury. And we don't have many 199cm key defenders floating about.

Begg likely goes, Bytel too
Sullivan could be kept for depth.

I am not sure, but are there not rules that every club must draft a minimum number of players from draft each year? Google shows this .. Each club must have at least three selections in the AFL Draft.
That can be manipulated as the "three" rookie upgrades can be included.
So you can take 3. Or take 2 + a upgrade

Surely eyre gets another year on the rookie list given there wouldn't have too many expectations for him coming off his injury. And we don't have many 199cm key defenders floating about.

Begg likely goes, Bytel too
Sullivan could be kept for depth.
I’d be surprised if he’s not given another 12months. Never got a chance to get going, and we also played him forward due to other injuries. lack of depth to me suggest he stays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kreuger is on the edge. Hard to say what happens with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we'll hold on to him - we finally got a bit of consistent footy out of his body and he's shown the value he can add to the side, probably buys himself another year.

Additionally - if Mason was to be injured next year, Kreuger is probably the best option to come in and play the Ruc/Fwd role without disrupting our preferred combo of DC14, Mason (Kroogs replacing him in this example), Mcstay, Mihocek.

Kreuger is on the edge. Hard to say what happens with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought Kreuger showed this season that his best footy is good enough for AFL level. However, consistency of performance and injury avoidance remain significant issues.

I reckon another team would definitely take a punt on Kreuger if we cut him loose, so my preference is to keep him.

Not sure. I remember last year it was just after the copeland, but there wasnt much time between the premiership and the copeland. It's a bit different this year. I dont even know when the copeland is..
They surely dont wait that long with delistings, as players would know in the exit meetings -- so maybe later next week?
It’ll be this week unless they can be moved during trade week. That means we’ll know where the likes of Begg, Sullivan, Eyre, Long, Bytel, Kreuger and probably AJ and Richards stand by Friday. McInnes is the odd one out as an uncontracted player with no public suitors, but he might have a team interested that’s waiting until their own exit meetings. He probably walks out of his exit meeting with a provisional 12 month contract should nothing happen during trade week and the all clear to test the market.

Out: Johnson
markov
Bytel
Long
Carmichael
Eyre? (his VFL form was poor and big injury issues)
Krueger?
Ryan?
Murphy
Begg
Sullivan
Macrae

Those are the names that should be delisted based on performance and talent. (and injury)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 List changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back