Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good teachers do alot of work outside those hours too.
The teachers I know also forgo toilet breaks and etc whilst working those regular hours too. The job sounds like hell tbh.

My early best 23...

FB - Archer - Logue - Corr
HB - Goater - Comben- Hardeman
C - Scott - Sheezel - McKercher
FOL - Xerri - Davies-Uniacke - Parker
HF - Simpkin - Darling - Zurhaar
FF - Curtis - Larkey - Hansen Jnr

IC - Teakle - Wardlaw - Powell - Duusma
SUB - TBC

I'm not f***** around next year.

• I do not want to see Fisher in the back 6, he's not a defender. He's also not good enough offensively to compensate.
  • Stephens is depth, until he proves that he will go when it's his time to go, he just cannot play.
  • There's no room for LMAC. With Logue back, another year into Jacko/Chom + Corr, we have experience in the backline. If he has a really strong preseason, comes back really fit & more importantly sharp (his ball use, decisioning etc.), maybe. But, no f***** way does he just get a game without significant improvement.
  • Simpkin is a flanker. Time to take your medicine. If Parker comes across, you are not required in the midfield. The flank is your role. There is no shame in this, use your engine to cover the ground and become a high score involvement transition player.
  • Curtis, Zurhaar, Duursma, Hansen Jnr, Ford all need to learn to run this preseason. This might trigger a few on here, but absolutely none should be a lock in our best 22 at this point. I'd be lining them all up day 1 of preseason, doesn't matter if you are RHJ or Zurhaar, whoever can cover the most ground gets selected. As soon as our forward 50 pressure and flank transition games falls off, one out one in.
  • Colby wing with burts in the middle. We need him delivering the ball inside 50.
  • Scott wing all year FFS.
no Charlie Lazzaro ?

Good teachers do alot of work outside those hours too.
Yep mum taught for four decades. Worked all over the holidays on the new term and well into the night doing lesson plans/worksheets for the kids the next days or weeks. Also, had to deal with kids with different learning difficulties and kids on the spectrum (could often get dangerous), so far from he easiest job imo. I thought she worked too hard tbo.

Back into it, working with Ben Crocker.

Screenshot_20240909_200444_Instagram.jpg

Back into it, working with Ben Crocker.

View attachment 2106173

... Crocker?

Tik Tok Stare GIF

Two weeks of R&R before hitting up a personal trainer to manage you until pre-season is respectable. You can't necessarily take this stuff on face value, but a clip like this coming out is most certainly better than radio silence. Hopefully he's going full throttle and is refusing to cook for anyone else who isn't doing the same.

Just need a 20 second Insta clip of Tarryn throwing some ropes up and down with the heading ‘Grinding for 25’ and another preseason circle will be complete..
“Grinding for 25”
“Only God can judge me”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the insta story and its impressive.

These little things are the moments that shape the club. I know small, but if just one player sees this and sees how serious he is taking it, it can cause waves of influence.

This is why its super important to have strict standards whilst we are so shit

Whattaya mean? I did 2 years of placement. They have the easiest job on the planet. 90% of em dont give a shit about their students, they cruise through for pay cheque. Kick out and suspend their problematic children, let em fall through the cracks.

I studied ed/sport and outdoor rec for the first 2 years of higher study. Did my second year of placement and thought, these campaigners a just bums.
So you followed PE teachers around for a few weeks. Try working in primary school or with language teachers. If it's so easy why didn't you pursue it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back