Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair Japanese baseball, by around next week or just thereafter, will have produced the only man in history to hit 50 home runs and steal 50 bases in the same season. So I imagine it's a sport that while already popular is only going to grow over the next few years
Or right now.

Just completed the feat.

Machine.

He’s also an absolutely elite pitcher.

Unicorn.

Or right now.

Just completed the feat.

Machine.

He’s also an absolutely elite pitcher.

Unicorn.

The ****in guy went six for six with three home runs in the same game to post the first ever 50/50 season. He is stupid good. We bang on about Mac Andrew or Taylor Goad or whatever being "unicorns" but it's doubtful there's ever been anyone as good at as much as Ohtani is at everything there is to do in baseball

The ****in guy went six for six with three home runs in the same game to post the first ever 50/50 season. He is stupid good. We bang on about Mac Andrew or Taylor Goad or whatever being "unicorns" but it's doubtful there's ever been anyone as good at as much as Ohtani is at everything there is to do in baseball
1726790348315.png
This is just insanity.

He’s Aaron Judge AND Jacob deGrom combined.

Ludicrous.

I just came back to thank you for mentioning Taylor Goad and Shohei Ohtani in the same sentence. I've been thinking about it all day.

I just came back to thank you for mentioning Taylor Goad and Shohei Ohtani in the same sentence. I've been thinking about it all day.

Just went back and watched the Ohtani highlights from the game. I am comfortable, but only now, in declaring he's probably better than Taylor Goad at baseball.

Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

…waiting for the comments about what Bull is eating versus being elite athlete

It’s fun to experience - it’s very very noisy. Constant chanting, drums, etc. The stadiums are very compact compared to footy and pretty much always full.

You have to actually like baseball though. It’s growing on me as my son started playing and really loves it. Still not quite sold, it can be slowww.

Edit: best thing is you don’t have to leave your seat to get a beer. Girls stand at the bottom of the seating bays with a kind of esky slung over their neck. You just raise your hand and they come and deliver a nice cold super dry for about 5 bucks.

Any other must see’s in Japan? Heading over next November at this stage.

Like what about these guys? Looks as riveting as a Baseball game but…

japanese macaque Macaque GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back