AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a close game until half time and at that point, he'd directly costed us 2/6 of their goals. He's moving horribly and his skills are even worse.

Legitimately - what is the end game here? Our goal is to win a final so are we unironically and arrogantly going to play with this guy in the 22 and try to win? Spare me.

I'd say to keep playing him because he directly hurts our chances of winning to try and get a better draft pick but we would probably just **** it up anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind him playing if others are out. Kelly and redman for example but we are gifting him games at this point.

We need to move past the guilt of drugs saga. Doing nothing until we do.

Tries but just not agile enough.
Horse for courses, right? I think he’s vulnerable at the G and a much better player in the sterile environs of the Docklands stadium. I feel like he gets exposed a bit more at the G.

Granted, finals are at the G so maybe the answer lies there. Time to look beyond the Hep.

I’m not sure what we get from playing him. As decent as he was for the first half of the season there’s nothing he’s doing that someone else couldn’t do. Leadership? Can’t say he does anything particular inspiring. It’s a nothing selection each week that could be better spent developing someone.

I’m not sure what we get from playing him. As decent as he was for the first half of the season there’s nothing he’s doing that someone else couldn’t do. Leadership? Can’t say he does anything particular inspiring. It’s a nothing selection each week that could be better spent developing someone.
We are year 2 into an 8 year plan but we are afraid to throw a kid like Robert’s into the ones. Look at Humpries for Geelong. We need to see a few of them over Hep surely

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back