AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon every bombers fan would agree with you. Would be good if the club thought the opposite tho and set some sort of a standard for the future.
We'll get better furute standards if we lose the last two games

Fair enough. Many people will agree.

However, I know we all know we will not beat Sydney and Brisbane, but technically, our season is still alive and we probably make the 8 if we win both. It's very Essendon to decide beforehand that we will lose, so let's not put out our best team. Once we lose to Sydney, we could make a stronger case for him playing in Brisbane.

But yeah, I know I'm being a killjoy. I'm just very ticked with the club.
I don't think we can though can we? What's the Dogs draw like?

Feel a bit sad but he has done the right thing . He may not have been the best captain but he carried a big load with very little in the supporting cast .
Thanks Hep .

Fair enough. Many people will agree.

However, I know we all know we will not beat Sydney and Brisbane, but technically, our season is still alive and we probably make the 8 if we win both. It's very Essendon to decide beforehand that we will lose, so let's not put out our best team. Once we lose to Sydney, we could make a stronger case for him playing in Brisbane.

But yeah, I know I'm being a killjoy. I'm just very ticked with the club.
I agree and am also annoyed at the club. But the state of the club is not entirely Dysons fault. His career is just so unique due to things not in his control that its almost been a balancing act/elephant in the room situation the last few years. It wouldn't have been the easiest for Brad to walk into and i think he's balanced it fairly well, shown Dyson the respect he deserves while at the same time moving him on. He could've been more ruthless, definitely but i dont think it would be right to make Dyson the scapegoat or a villian of Essendons last 10 years. He's the final saga player and credit to him for doing his best to help the club.

I think everyone will breath a sigh of relief once he's gone, not in bad way, but in a finally moving on way. Rightly or wrongly the saga players were managed in a certain way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And **** there are some ordinary humans posting in this thread .

People tend to forget the humanity behind anything now. The abuse I see on social media towards the kids is out of this world especially when 95% of the abuse is coming from people that haven’t played a game of sport in their life.

Feel a bit sad but he has done the right thing . He may not have been the best captain but he carried a big load with very little in the supporting cast .
Thanks Hep .
It is sad. He has given everything he had and hasn't really ever had anything to celebrate. If we can get over the line against Sydney and chair him off it at least gives him a bit of a celebratory send off and a good final memory of the game.

Why do people think he was a poor leader?

Seemed incredibly well liked by the playing group, professional on and off the field.

Obviously his own form wasn’t amazing at the end of his captaincy. I’m sure people love the idea of a ruthless captain who doesn’t stand losing but when push comes to shove we were never close to competing on a talent level during his tenure.

Seemed incredibly well liked by the playing group, professional on and off the field.

Obviously his own form wasn’t amazing at the end of his captaincy. I’m sure people love the idea of a ruthless captain who doesn’t stand losing but when push comes to shove we were never close to competing on a talent level during his tenure.

Because fans have gold fish brains and judge a players career based on their last year

I assume because he didn't roast his teammates and we didn't win a Premiership. EFC post-saga is a pretty unique sporting environment, would have been pretty tough to 'lead' anyone involved.

We like to sling off at other clubs but the reality is we have just as many classless **** heads supporting our club. This thread is the perfect case in point.
yep Ive actually hated being at the footy the last few games because of how shit some supporters have become towards their own players.
It was such a good vibe after the GWS game but I think just a small whiff of a top 4 finish brought back the entitled arrogant attitude amongst some and theyve reverted to bitter and angry in the last few weeks. The OTT negativity and bitterness was relentless from the first bounce on Saturday and it was similar in the crows game.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back