AFL Autopsy RND 24: Done At The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Only watched end of second and some of the third quarter. In that period Laverde got beaten by his man 1 on 1 twice, turned the ball over in the middle of the ground by fumbling badly (goal), turned the ball over in the back pocket (goal), and then turned the ball over trying to be the overlap player out of defence twice.

But the one that killed me was the suicide hand ball to young Roberts which put him in an impossible situation and he got nailed in a tackle.

He’s been a warrior for the club, but he has absolutely got to go.

Serious concerns as to why we are okay with him demanding ball in hand and providing overlap run out of defence. Our structure/roles responsibilities is a total mess.
There was a moment both he and Kelly linked up only to absolutely butcher it and I just thought ‘This is who we are.’

Lav handballed to Kelly who was already having a shocker and oblivious he was surrounded by two players yet he called for it and Lav with both opposition players in full view gave him the flipping ball…..

I despaired

Caddy a bit of a liability but just needs to be played. Will tear the game apart when AFL fit.
Agree with this. Cadman and Walter, both rated higher in their respective drafts are still in the 'work in progress' category and both have the advantage over Caddy of being 2nd or third ranked tall forward behind at least 1 high quality KPF.
There are no guarantees but Caddy has shown attributes to give grounds to be optimistic he will make a good, maybe very good marking forward. But realistically we will have to wait until 2026/7 to know for sure. Just praying the injury gods give him , and us, a fair crack at it.

Brissy had 8 rushed behinds, if you look at their shots, it was a more respectable 11.13
maybe-oswalt.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It took Hepps 253 games to stop giving suicide passes, amazing.
Played a great game and I for one think it was a great farewell for a great servant.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy RND 24: Done At The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back