AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Might this board get it's wish?

Out: Kelly

It really does seem like a token gesture given we're playing over 1700km from home and on an absolute hiding to nothing.
No way itā€™s Kelly - heā€™s the quintessential Scott favourite player template - ie, older, slow and stagnant. Roberts has to be the one to come out

Kelly may suck but he is the 'hardest' Essendon player by a long way. Whether that translates into anything meaningful is hard to say but you can at least point to it as a reason. Heppell, on the other hand, is like that John Hamm character in 30 rock.

It is like no one has been honest with him in his career.

I think it was the Hird anointing.

Really don't see the issue with this.

Coach/selection committee view is he's not best 22. Don't play him when finals are still a live option (however unlikely) is the right call. Season is over, they can't make finals, give the guy a farewell game. Shame it's not a Melbourne game but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Good on ya Dise, enjoy it then enjoy retirement.

Coach/selection committee view is he's not best 22. Don't play him when finals are still a live option (however unlikely) is the right call. Season is over, they can't make finals, give the guy a farewell game. Shame it's not a Melbourne game but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

I agree. It's a dead rubber, it doesn't really matter if he's playing or not.

And if it's true that there were some players sooking it up last week then hopefully they can enjoy their farewell game as well.

Kelly may suck but he is the 'hardest' Essendon player by a long way. Whether that translates into anything meaningful is hard to say but you can at least point to it as a reason. Heppell, on the other hand, is like that John Hamm character in 30 rock.

No, i think Caldwell and Durham have already overtaken him. Maybe when he first arrived he was up there, but he's fallen away after the concussions. Still think Laverde had him covered.

Agree on Heppell, no ones told him and no idea how to read the room himself either.

He's now taking game time away from someone thats not retiring for what reason?

There is a benefit in getting minutes into players that will be a part of the future.

What benefit of a retired Heppell playing in Brisbane is there?

it's really easy to say "it doesn't". i just did it. it was easy.

Kelly is not the ā€œhardestā€ player on our list at all, Caldwell and Durham comfortably ahead. Iā€™d say even Heppell has him covered for attack on the pill. His rig and lack of talent sucks people in to thinking he must be the tough enforcer (but he ainā€™tā€¦).

Wish him well, football clubs are places of optimism so looks like we legitimately still thought we were a chance last week.

Career deserves farewell game but also part of me says suck it up about playing away as if you wanted a proper one you should have played 2s.

I'd still love to know why he didn't or someone ask him but it's a minor blight on a great club man who gave his all most weeks and seemed like a good bloke.

Kelly is not the ā€œhardestā€ player on our list at all, Caldwell and Durham comfortably ahead. Iā€™d say even Heppell has him covered for attack on the pill. His rig and lack of talent sucks people in to thinking he must be the tough enforcer (but he ainā€™tā€¦).
Durham no.1, then caldwell, laverde.

Redman, draper, merret Pretty consistent with attack on contest.

Think caddy is pretty hard/courageous as he flys for everything in the air.

Caldwell and Durham would break themselves on Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back