AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Unashamedly my favourite Essendon player of all time. People forget how crucial he was in the mid to late 2010ā€™s in conjunction with Jobe. Without them two in the midfield, weā€™d have fallen apart.

But more importantly, itā€™s the off-field stuff. When he and Hooker were the first to recommit to the club during the twelve month ban, that basically solidified it. Iā€™ve been out to the club on numerous occasions, and he just is genuinely the loveliest bloke - has all the time in the world for the supporters. Iā€™m going to really miss him. What a performance in his final game too, really wound back the clock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna miss you Dys. All the best on the next step of your journey mate.
You donā€™t need to win a final - you are a winner just by being you. Loyal to the end.

DH21
šŸ¤™šŸ»

It is a bummer that his career spanned the worst period in the club's history.
He has often been unfairly maligned as a causation of that.
I don't think he could've given anything more.

Was very dependable down back. He was one of those players that when he had the ball, you knew it was in safe hands.
Unlike the jitters I get from the likes of Laverde, Mckay, Redman, McGrath and Kelly.

I hope another club comes knocking with a 1-2 year offer.

Last edited:
What a legend. Took this club through a real rough period. Got to remember he was robbed of a year of his prime. Super thankful for everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! šŸ¤™ - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back