AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking about it, Heppell getting a couple of years coaching at the club isn’t too bad. It’s probably going to be ‘player development’ or something light anyway. Could be good for relationship continuity (I think he’s good behind the scenes with the young fellas, certainly cares). But then he needs to **** off for his own good and the good of the team.

On one hand - can't believe what I'm reading. On the other - it lines up perfectly with how this club's been run for 2 decades.

The one year playing deal is understandable enough - IF he's been informed he'll only be playing seniors based on form, not for what his name is (like he was this year). But the country club/boys club deal thrown in is hard to cop. We're just never going to learn, are we?

Never was one.
There certainly was and at one point he looked like going

Feel he should've packed it up and we don't gain much by giving him another year but really what benefit is there in the alternative of throwing a dart at another pick 70 getting another bloke like McDonagh or similar who adds nothing at all - maybe a 5% chance to get a role player with a pick that late and keeping some experienced depth can be useful for development/coaching if he plays 2s and there had been nobody even tapping at the door for his spot let alone knocking it down. If he hands over the captaincy and isn't an automatic selection there's no problem keeping him IMO so hopefully that's the case. A strong club with strong culture, plenty of experience and leadership probably makes the call to cut him but we don't have it and aren't that situation as it stands. A good person, formerly a good footballer and happy to see he will retire a one club player.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipping he will have a decent year playing wing. He is totally injury free right now and in the best shape he has been pre season since 2015 according to my track watcher .

Tipping he will have a decent year playing wing. He is totally injury free right now and in the best shape he has been pre season since 2015 according to my track watcher .

I’d love for him to be back playing good footy but the game went past him mach 1 two years ago

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back