AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

200w.gif

Ever tried to post while on the Belgrave/Lilydale line?

It's like that Japanese gameshow where they make you deliver a platter of food to a table and then all of a sudden the room turns upside down.

Just find it weird or disappointing that he
Not injured.
Not an emergency in the seniors.
Not named in the VFL

If he feels he's too good to suit up for the magoos, does he deserve a farewell game?
100% this. If someone loves the club and wants to help develop and pass on some leadership to the future generation, would’ve thought suiting up in the magoos would make for a good look

Not injured.
Not an emergency in the seniors.
Not named in the VFL

If he feels he's too good to suit up for the magoos, does he deserve a farewell game?

Just find it weird or disappointing that he

100% this. If someone loves the club and wants to help develop and pass on some leadership to the future generation, would’ve thought suiting up in the magoos would make for a good look
If he does not play what does it really matter . He has already carried a missive load for the club. Why the **** does he have to play VFL ?

If he does not play what does it really matter . He has already carried a missive load for the club. Why the **** does he have to play VFL ?
He doesn't have to, but it would have been a show of character and leadership to want to play VFL and continue helping the kids develop. He hasn't retired and he's talked about playing on so i would've thought he'd jump at any opportunity to play VFL and find form and continue to lead and at least get himself back in contention to play AFL. Unless he's injured? Only have to look at Shiel to see whats possible.

Unfortunately i think Dyson is still coming to terms with the fact he's not an automatic selection, he's not getting another contract, and he is long odds to get any sort of fairytale finish to his career.

Maybe he's just freshening up for a final?

Disregarding finals talk, if we're seriously without trolling, contemplating bringing in a player straight in off the back of no game time over weeks then we might as well fold the club, delete all history of it ever existing and ban the colours red and black.

He doesn't have to, but it would have been a show of character and leadership to want to play VFL and continue helping the kids develop. He hasn't retired and he's talked about playing on so i would've thought he'd jump at any opportunity to play VFL and find form and continue to lead and at least get himself back in contention to play AFL. Unless he's injured? Only have to look at Shiel to see whats possible.

Unfortunately i think Dyson is still coming to terms with the fact he's not an automatic selection, he's not getting another contract, and he is long odds to get any sort of fairytale finish to his career.
I think he has shown plenty of character. He could have easily gone for more years and more money.
Plus do you know what is going on behind the scenes ?

He could have easily gone for more years and more money.

Contrary to popular belief, uprooting your entire life to the other side of the country after settling in for over 10+ years near friends and family for an extra year isn't the lure you seem to think it is. We see tons of players want to come home and you're pushing this narrative that the opposite had to be pried out of his hands or something.

Truth is, him leaving would've actually been better for the club. He's lucky we even gave him another contract.

That's history though. It matters how you act now. And, signs ain't good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he has shown plenty of character. He could have easily gone for more years and more money.
An actual leader and club champion, TD, wasn't too good to go down and help the next generation out. There was a guy of good character.

Contrary to popular belief, uprooting your entire life to the other side of the country after settling in for over 10+ years near friends and family for an extra year isn't the lure you seem to think it is. We see tons of players want to come home and you're pushing this narrative that the opposite had to be pried out of his hands or something.

Truth is, him leaving would've actually been better for the club. He's lucky we even gave him another contract.

That's history though. It matters how you act now. And, signs ain't good.
Well I couldn’t give a rats for your options.

An actual leader and club champion, TD, wasn't too good to go down and help the next generation out. There was a guy of good character.
Club did not **** TD did it .

I'm talking about now, not previous contract negotiations. I dont understand why he's not wanting to play VFL, help out and get himself back in contention for AFL? Unless he's injured or retired, but the season is still alive.

I'm talking about now, not previous contract negotiations. I dont understand why he's not wanting to play VFL, help out and get himself back in contention for AFL? Unless he's injured or retired, but the season is still alive.
Why does he have to ?
Secondly you do not know what exactly what is going on .

He's still being paid by the club isn't he? Feel free to enlighten us all as to what exactly is going on.
Feel free to find out yourself. All I am saying is there are plenty of uninformed opinions floating around based on no information at all .
If I had the information I would post it .

Why does he have to ?
Secondly you do not know what exactly what is going on .
He doesn't have to, we've already established that. You cant force someone to play a game of football. We are confused as to why he is not wanting to? Because from the horses mouth he has said he'd like to play on next year. We have not been informed of a retirement or an injury. If you've got information as to why he's not playing VFL then please share. Otherwise dont be surprised when posters on a public forum will question what's going on.

Feel free to find out yourself. All I am saying is there are plenty of uninformed opinions floating around based on no information at all .
If I had the information I would post it .
The guy is on hundreds of thousands to play footy for the club. He isn't playing footy for the club. And you're having a go at people querying why?

Maybe the geniuses at club land left him out of match sim and saw how well it all went?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back