Player Watch #21 Errol Gulden - born to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Gulden.jpg

Errol Gulden
[Player Profile TBA]

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe one of the South Australian teams , or the WA teams.

Gold coast, or Brisbane possibly.

I might guess a big 4 Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon

or a lesser club Hawthorn, Melbourne, Stkilda, Richmond or North.

Bulldogs or even GWS

one of those
So like everyone :tongueoutv1: I see what you did there

Massive commitment to the club by errol. A 10 year deal would be life changing for any young player. To turn that down would be no easy task, but his loyalty and commitment has shine through.
He spoke very well but pretty much I think he's backing himself to improve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's always something 🤷
I must admit I was going for the "oh ffs, are people ever happy on here" initial reaction. :)

Mind you a former England goalkeeper in Peter Shilton told the story that, in his teenage years, he used to hang from the bannister at home in an effort to make his arms longer. :unsure:

I'm also sure I remember a story years ago about an athlete in the behind the Iron Curtain days having his legs broken and steel rods inserted to increase his height (although that might also have been a story about Paddy Cripps). :confusedv1:

We'll never know what the Swan's initial offer was but I reckon 4 years is very smart by Errol (and/or his manager). It probably maximises his pay in that period, takes him to Free Agency, almost certainly Restricted and sets him up for a long and lucrative contract at age 26.
For the Swans they will have the opportunity to match any offer.
Let's not forget that he shares a manager with Logan. Any bets on the same deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back