Player Watch #21 Errol Gulden - born to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Gulden.jpg

Errol Gulden
[Player Profile TBA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully in 12+ years Errol releases a book and there's a chapter where he talks about how he led the way by resigning for less than he was offered elsewhere and created a domino effect where others also made the same commitment to the club and it meant we were able to keep the core over a sustained period of success which included multiple premierships and set the culture for others who wanted to be a part of the team that they would gain access by taking less in exchange for guaranteed success.

That's a possibility at this stage. I hope that's how it unfolds.

Came across this image and thought you guys might be interested. This is the first grade premiership winning UNSW-Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs team from 2019 and if you look closely in the middle row third from the left you'll see a 17 year old Errol Gulden with two medals around his neck - a premiership medal and a best on ground medal. He's come a long way since then but his roots will always be in the local Sydney league.

OQSDj9X.jpg

Came across this image and thought you guys might be interested. This is the first grade premiership winning UNSW-Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs team from 2019 and if you look closely in the middle row third from the left you'll see a 17 year old Errol Gulden with two medals around his neck - a premiership medal and a best on ground medal. He's come a long way since then but his roots will always be in the local Sydney league.

OQSDj9X.jpg
Eurgh, dislike.

OQSDj9X.jpg
Dean Towers top right

Hopefully in 12+ years Errol releases a book and there's a chapter where he talks about how he led the way by resigning for less than he was offered elsewhere and created a domino effect where others also made the same commitment to the club and it meant we were able to keep the core over a sustained period of success which included multiple premierships and set the culture for others who wanted to be a part of the team that they would gain access by taking less in exchange for guaranteed success.

That's a possibility at this stage. I hope that's how it unfolds.
There needs to be a chapter where they all earned more in their post-football careers because they were premiership players.

Is my maths right that when he comes out of contract at 26 years of age he could have 200+ games under his belt?
In all likelihood he’ll be shy of 200.

Most games he can play in a season is 27 (though that’s a hard way to win or even play in GFs). He’s on 72 games now, with the potential of 22 more for the rest of this season.

So (if my arithmetic is correct) the maximum he could be on at the end of this contract is 202. But that’s with no injuries and the team playing four finals this year and the next four.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most games he can play in a season is 27 (though that’s a hard way to win or even play in) GFs. He’s on 72 games now, with the potential off 22 more for the rest of this season.

So (if my arithmetic is correct) the maximum he could be on at the end of this contract is 202. But that’s with no injuries and the team playing four finals this year and the next four.

so, 202 games, four premierships ... i can't see a problem with that

Most games he can play in a season is 27 (though that’s a hard way to win or even play in) GFs. He’s on 72 games now, with the potential off 22 more for the rest of this season.

Yeah so even conservatively just 22-23 games a season from here, 22 this year + 88 would take him to about 185 games? You'd assume at the very least a handful of finals so call it 190 games. Obviously might be some injuries (touch wood) along the way so maybe call it 175-180 games, but that's still pretty ridiculous to hit by the age of 26.

Yeah so even conservatively just 22-23 games a season from here, 22 this year + 88 would take him to about 185 games? You'd assume at the very least a handful of finals so call it 190 games. Obviously might be some injuries (touch wood) along the way so maybe call it 175-180 games, but that's still pretty ridiculous to hit by the age of 26.
Getting close to 300 by 30yo. 😃
350 by 33yo. 🤩🤩🤩

Getting close to 300 by 30yo. 😃
350 by 33yo. 🤩🤩🤩

Apart from that foot issue in his first year he's been pretty resilient with his body which is promising too.

Josh Daicos when asked who his current favourite player is said Errol Gulden. Genuinely one of my favourite storylines out of last year was his and Gulden's domination of the wing position, to the point the All Australian selectors were left with no choice but to make the rare decision of naming two actual wingmen on the wings in the final side. Whilst I most definitely do not want Collingwood playing well as a side, it'd be cool if J. Daicos could find his best touch again, as the little rivalry-built-on-respect between he and Gulden is enjoyable and kinda reminds me of the great Goodes & Judd match-ups of the mid-2000s.

Josh Daicos when asked who his current favourite player is said Errol Gulden. Genuinely one of my favourite storylines out of last year was his and Gulden's domination of the wing position, to the point the All Australian selectors were left with no choice but to make the rare decision of naming two actual wingmen on the wings in the final side. Whilst I most definitely do not want Collingwood playing well as a side, it'd be cool if J. Daicos could find his best touch again, as the little rivalry-built-on-respect between he and Gulden is enjoyable and kinda reminds me of the great Goodes & Judd match-ups of the mid-2000s.
I have nothing against Nick but reckon Josh is the better of the two in most ways. He and Errol a great AA wing pairing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back