Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob

I dont think we should be bagging the lad, because our 1st trade this year wasnt a well known name.

Hopefully he brings some grunt and nastyness to our midfield which can only be good and from the comments, here's hoping his tackling at training is infectious and rubs off on others.

can he kick with precision?

Not sure, but he bully's people in the contest and seems to like an opportunist goal.

If this kid was a polished off both feet, lace out, goal kicking, pressure maniac then he would would be going for Treloar like deals.

He isn't yet... but he can be I suppose.

If not, he is the bully our side needs.

All at the Blair Hartley price of #70.

Anyone know what his speed/tank is like?
Judging from what I've seen and heard, he'll be a beast out of the blocks and over 20 metres, but don't expect dodging, weaving, or running bounces. He'll use the speed to run down anyone thinking of making a fast break.

He's a big boy so his tank won't be that impressive, but not crap, I expect about par.

Judging from what I've seen and heard, he'll be a beast out of the blocks and over 20 metres, but don't expect dodging, weaving, or running bounces. He'll use the speed to run down anyone thinking of making a fast break.

He's a big boy so his tank won't be that impressive, but not crap, I expect about par.

He is no bigger than Jackson was so thats not a reason.

I love the way he dives and tackles players whilst they are running - looks like a desperado

Really hoping this kid comes on and becomes a Gem

I love the way he dives and tackles players whilst they are running - looks like a desperado

With his tackling style wouldn't be surprised if he played a bit rugby league as a kid.

Some nice crunches in that highlight reel - liked the one on Griffen especially!

Jacko took a while to come on though. I just wouldn't expect him to run like B Ellis, you know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Towno MUST line up Treloar when we play Lolingwood and smash every bone in his filthy body
That'll teach Treloar for choosing the wrong club

Im surprised you don't expect him to go out and shag his missus while he's at it :p

ease up - cant expect Towno to do all the grunt work - I'll look after his missus; it's the least I can do

Take it easy there Rubber Hips. You wouldn't want to stretch yourself to thin:p

Thanks for your concern TJ, but Ive got plenty to give :D

:D....That's just the kinda guy you are...

No holdin you down, you just keep bouncing back...:p

I still can't believe we got this guy essentially for nothing. Will make our mids stand taller with him in the side. Another injury-free pre-season into him will do nothing but good. Will not be surprised if he lines up round 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see how this guy slots into our side. Who cares if he's a pick #70. I think he answers a need. Not a 1st year player so I'm hoping a pre-season with us will see him playing sooner rather than later.

Anyone have an opinion on his footy smarts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back