Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to broaden your horizons.

It wasn't good. I like his aggression but he crossed the line because what he said was upsetting to members of our community.

A lot of behavior that was ok in past days is no longer acceptable and for the most part society is better for it.

I don't need to. In my opinion people get upset over everything these days, It's just a bit of a sledge to me. Each to their own though.

I don’t like it when anyone uses insults like that. Fills me with distaste.

I hope Caddy learns from this and doesn’t do it again.

Imo he should also apologise for using the word.

We’ll see what happens though.

I was wondering what happened today because I just saw Caddy's Instagram page, apologising for his comments.

Hopefully he will learn from it

Need to broaden your horizons.

It wasn't good. I like his aggression but he crossed the line because what he said was upsetting to members of our community.

A lot of behavior that was ok in past days is no longer acceptable and for the most part society is better for it.

Don't tell us to broaden our horizons.

Are you suggesting we're all short-sighted??

I'm going to report you. Hurt my feelings.

Enjoy your ban.

I don't need to. In my opinion people get upset over everything these days, It's just a bit of a sledge to me. Each to their own though.
Denigrating (by association) less advantaged members of society is why he apologised. Not cool these days (not that it ever was).
Calling someone a campaigner, play on.

Didn't say or do anything wrong in my opinion. These words would be used quite frequently during the game by a lot of players, not just Caddy. They are just words exchanged in heat of the moment, not a big deal.
When it is caught on camera and broadcast to everyone watching it becomes a big deal. Think about it there is a reason words like that are blocked on Big Footy as they are offensive.

If anyone thinks it's fine to use it, try it at the pub one night and see how some random takes it. Pretty sure it won't be taken lightly.

When it is caught on camera and broadcast to everyone watching it becomes a big deal. Think about it there is a reason words like that are blocked on Big Footy as they are offensive.

If anyone thinks it's fine to use it, try it at the pub one night and see how some random takes it. Pretty sure it won't be taken lightly.
any insult will net the same reaction regardless of the word used. No one is gonna be extra ready to bottle you because you said campaigner and not idiot

get real

You're too PC

cant sledge in a footy match

world's gone crazy

Half you campaigners in here acting like you've never said a swear word

we should change the forum to the Richmond Two Shoes board
Nobody is saying that you can't sledge, it's about being mindful of the language used.

As I said above next time you're down the pub having a game of pool or darts against some random call them the same thing and see how you fair.

Nobody is saying that you can't sledge, it's about being mindful of the language used.

As I said above next time you're down the pub having a game of pool or darts against some random call them the same thing and see how you fair.
"you seem to me to be an individual who is mentally challenged"

yeah, you'll still get your head kicked in even though you didn't use the word campaigner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"you seem to me to be an individual who is mentally challenged"

yeah, you'll still get your head kicked in even though you didn't use the word campaigner
It's not about the wording, it's the meaning of the words.

_RT_ is saying call someone a dickhead or a soft**** if you're going to, but don't use words that denigrate individuals or sections of society that have no control over their position.

Denigrating less advantaged members of society is why he apologised. Not cool these days (not that it ever was).
Calling someone a campaigner, play on.

He apologized because he got caught. Calling someone a campaigner is offensive to certain members of society too. Are you going to publicly apologize for offending them?

There is a difference between saying it to someone random at a pub and footballers who know each other exchanging words in heat of the moment.

It's not about the wording, it's the meaning of the words.

_RT_ is saying call someone a dickhead or a soft**** if you're going to, but don't use words that denigrate individuals or sections of society that have no control over their position.
What about people who struggle with erectile dysfunction? I bet they would take great offence to soft****. I bet they dont have any control over their position.

Everything offends someone

society is too soft

5263f04207fc7b312e259934f14e3c87.png

Tom Lynch liked it. Itshappening.gif

it is called sledging , comment made to gain a reaction.
Labeling them beautiful looking , healthy well built , beautiful smelling , is hardly going to gain the desired outcome.

any insult will net the same reaction regardless of the word used. No one is gonna be extra ready to bottle you because you said campaigner and not idiot

get real

You're too PC
A lot more likely to cop a punch in the face calling some a campaigner/******* than calling them a flog/moron.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back