Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish was further out and on a worse angle. Was a harder kick. Goldy was 20 metres out no excuses. The prick needs to go. Not putting in hard enough. Whats ot been in the last 5 weeks maybe 4 contested marks from someone that used to take like 5 a game. Needs to go simple as that

No player takes 5 contested marks a game so cut the ******* bullshit.

You really do have a great ability to focus on one little part of a debate.

He's been woeful. That's all that needs to be said.

He's gone from infinite dicks to none in less than 2 years.

Maybe because you campaigners make up a new bullshit reason to tear him down. It's bullshit the way he is judged and treated on here.
People are being a bit harsh on him on here. I do agree. Like very critical. Has a bad 12 months and they like to throw them away. Pretty sad.

He's way down on his best form though. Obviously playing injured. And I've said i reckon its a hip issue.

When Hamish McIntosh had the chance to win a game with an after the siren set shot, it would have been very close to the exact same spot of the ground at the same end of the same stadium. Hank finished his career at Strathmore. Just saying.

Except Hamish on a harder angle about 30 metres further back.

Toddy looked pretty distraught post kick & game.
Brad said he'd like him to have the same opportunity again. Worst thing possible l reckon. He'd kick it out on the full. Head not in the right space a.t.m. Needs a run at Werribee and wipe 2017 from the memory banks.
Season is gone. Preuss if fit with Maj supporting.

He is completely devoid of confidence. He has been all year. It would do him a world of good for a few weeks off or play at werribee, dominate and get that drive back.

Continually backing in players who are out of form is incredibly stupid.

When Hamish McIntosh had the chance to win a game with an after the siren set shot, it would have been very close to the exact same spot of the ground at the same end of the same stadium. Hank finished his career at Strathmore. Just saying.

Hank waa further out. He kicked right in front of me to the right of the players families Bay.

I think.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is completely devoid of confidence. He has been all year. It would do him a world of good for a few weeks off

Was thinking this earlier. With the increased frequency of players opening up with mental challenges, wonder if Todd is experiencing similar?

Off-field he's had a bit going on (whether you sympathise with him or otherwise), his name constantly gets in the paper possibly in spite of any assurances from the club and then he loses a game with all the cameras zoomed in on him.

I know a lot of people will have little than crocodile tears for a bloke they perceive as grossly overpaid and underperforming, but he hasn't just lost his immense talent and committed as a loyal North man at his peak. Have mentioned the comparison to Hale before, who went from looking completely bereft of AFL level ability in 2010 to being one of the best in a losing grand final side 2 years later.

Honestly hope Todd takes a couple of weeks breather without any football then comes back mentally refreshed for a few games with view to a better 2018 should he remain at North.

Was thinking this earlier. With the increased frequency of players opening up with mental challenges, wonder if Todd is experiencing similar?

Off-field he's had a bit going on (whether you sympathise with him or otherwise), his name constantly gets in the paper possibly in spite of any assurances from the club and then he loses a game with all the cameras zoomed in on him.

I know a lot of people will have little than crocodile tears for a bloke they perceive as grossly overpaid and underperforming, but he hasn't just lost his immense talent and committed as a loyal North man at his peak. Have mentioned the comparison to Hale before, who went from looking completely bereft of AFL level ability in 2010 to being one of the best in a losing grand final side 2 years later.

Honestly hope Todd takes a couple of weeks breather without any football then comes back mentally refreshed for a few games with view to a better 2018 should he remain at North.

Since that knee injury last year his on field body language hasn't been the same. I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Hank waa further out. He kicked right in front of me to the right of the players families Bay.

I think.....
That's where the kick was from, I watched Hank instead of the ball and he knew it was shite as soon as it hit his boot.
I sat in that bay for a few years. Were you the guy who spent all game, every game giving it to Umpire S(c)hit, even if he was umpiring somewhere else??

That's where the kick was from, I watched Hank instead of the ball and he knew it was shite as soon as it hit his boot.
I sat in that bay for a few years. Were you the guy who spent all game, every game giving it to Umpire S(c)hit, even if he was umpiring somewhere else??

No.

My mate had reserved seats in that area for that game.

You speak too much sense for the current narrative.

Maybe because you campaigners make up a new bullshit reason to tear him down. It's bullshit the way he is judged and treated on here.
I judge him at his willingness to contest and put his body on the line. He's not been imposing himself on the contest for 12 months.

He showed a little bit yesterday but he's been a shadow of himself.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Todd Goldstein is a man of great character. In the face of adversity, the Roos’ big man refused to cower and instead stood even taller.

With just seconds left on the clock, the 29-year-old had the ball in his hands just 20 metres out on a slight angle, with a chance to seal a come-from-behind win for North.

But instead of sending the ball through the middle of the big sticks, Goldstein hooked his kick and registered a behind that left North four points shy of the Dockers’ score.

When the Roos retreated to their change rooms after the final siren and another shattering loss, Goldstein was the first to emerge from the locker room.

Never one to shy away from reality, ‘Goldy’ got on the front foot with The Herald Sun and spoke openly about the dying minutes.

“It is one of those things you train for and it didn’t go my way but at least I had the chance to have a shot,” Goldstein said.

“I would have liked to have finished it off.”

North has now had four losses by a combined total of 10 points.

“I am not too sure what went wrong but I felt the ball slipping a bit as I was kicking it and I just didn’t get great purchase so I hooked it a little bit right,” Goldstein said about his kick.

“I remember seeing Hamish McIntosh (missing a late shot) a few years ago so it happens but I just have to keep working on it and execute it next time.

“At the time I wasn’t thinking about (being a hero), it was just what I needed to do and go through my routine and I just didn’t quite execute it.”

While the North players were bitterly disappointed after another loss, Goldstein’s leadership is another example that Shinboners are never beaten.

I wish he would get a breather, to regain confidence, put into surgery, go back to the VFL, something or anything different instead of running his body into the ground and destroying his confidence. To be honest the club, the selection committee and the fitness staff are as much to blame for his fall from grace

Won't happen though. Nothing will be done. Bookmark it

But let's be clear - Goldie was rucking against a kid who looked more suited to an all you can eat buffet at Macca's - in fact i think he was in there just before the game.

He is up against Ryder this week - he is what Goldie used to be - athletic, jumping high, can hit the scoreboard.

Let's see whether Goldie can react.

He is completely devoid of confidence. He has been all year. It would do him a world of good for a few weeks off or play at werribee, dominate and get that drive back.

Continually backing in players who are out of form is incredibly stupid.
And Brad says we continue to pick players on form..yeah right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back