Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean the All Australian, Best'n'Fairest ruckman?

Xerri bomb....lol what does that even mean?

I think there's a bit of captain hindsight with this post. Xerri has improved a lot and we're all the better for it....but your memory is lacking regarding Goldstein as a player if you think he didn't mark the footy and contribute in other ways.
Hindsight ? no Dan......I just wasnt a fanbouy. Sift through the history. He was honest as the day is long and yes an AA. But I prefer the club pay Rucks a salary that isnt in the top enchelon of our cap. It was to the detriment of our club.

Hindsight ? no Dan......I just wasnt a fanbouy. Sift through the history. He was honest as the day is long and yes an AA. But I prefer the club pay Rucks a salary that isnt in the top enchelon of our cap. It was to the detriment of our club.
Who else would we have given the money to? Give Polec a raise? We had plenty of cap to burn with Goldy on the books.

10 years ago you thought we could trade him for the first pick of the draft, whilst maintaining he was a poor ruckman.

Today you’re beating a similar drum. Except now you can pot him at the end of his career when there is little risk of being “wrong”.

Last edited:
Was taking a look thinking that this week may be his last game in Melbourne.

He ain't getting a farewell game. He is playing mediocre footy in the VFL.

Hope they paid you well, but you were clearly not long for AFL and North's call was absolutely right.

So now you will retire and no one is really gonna care. Which is sad, pulled on our jumper the third most of anyone and no one gives a shit your done.

Quite a shame that he left.

Had he stayed I doubt Xerri blossoms the way he does but I’d prefer him at CHF than Pink.

Thought both we and Essendon only offered him a 1 year deal. Can’t imagine the extra $$$ would be much different post tax to be worth having that rabble on your resume.

Yes he has a one year deal only, just more money they we were prepared to offer.

**** him, had some not nice words to say about us re crowds and someone else wanting him.

No need to go about it the way he did.
Yeah but I think game time was also a factor in his decision to leave for Essendon as well. I mean he only played as many games as he did in 2023 due to Xerri's long term injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a fun exercise to rank all the players that retired elsewhere based on how well they're remembered. Wildly disrespectful, but fun.

Drew Petrie
Shaun Higgins
Robbie Tarrant
Daniel Wells
Goldstein
Greenwood
Bastinac
Hamish McIntosh
Aaron Black
Trent Dumont
Sam Gibson
Ben Brown

Stephen Easton, Jim and Phil Krakouer, Mark Hepburn, Craig Holden, Phil Baker, Sam Kekovich, Bruce Abernathy, Graeme Atkins, Alan Jarrott. Actually Corey and Phil both returned and retired at North , I think Phil did. Adrian McAdam lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back