Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 23. David Myers

Really like the look of this kid. Saw him live at the AAMI against the Crows this year, and he started in the middle, giving a bit of push and shove to Goodwin. I think he'll prove to be much more valuable than Palmer, who is more of an accumulator than a damaging player.

Any idea what his role will be this year, and how many games he will play?

I could easily see him playing 22 games, off a HBF, with some stints in the midfield.

Really like the look of this kid. Saw him live at the AAMI against the Crows this year, and he started in the middle, giving a bit of push and shove to Goodwin. I think he'll prove to be much more valuable than Palmer, who is more of an accumulator than a damaging player.

Any idea what his role will be this year, and how many games he will play?

I could easily see him playing 22 games, off a HBF, with some stints in the midfield.

I'm definitely hoping he could play 22 games next season. He'll most likely start off the HBF flank to create play with stints in the midfield and up forward. In a few years he'll move into the midfield, imo.

I'm definitely hoping he could play 22 games next season. He'll most likely start off the HBF flank to create play with stints in the midfield and up forward. In a few years he'll move into the midfield, imo.

I think 22 games is a bit hopeful. I think we'll look to ease his load at different times and he'll have a week or two off every so often.

Position wise I think half back will be his most regular spot, but no doubt he'll run through the midfield every so often as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Knights gave him the odd tagging role as well.

Not to sound negative, but he doesn't look that massive to me. Don't confuse muscle definition with size
have to agree with you there. he's of a reasonable (afl) size, but more ripped than massive. looking very fit though! cannot wait to see him play consistently!

Myers is a ****ing tank

081112_preseason14-l.jpg

Very ripped. Not bulky in terms of lean mass, but extremely impressive. I'll guess his bodyfat to be around 7-8% here? TBH I wouldn't have a clue... anyone got a good idea?

Very ripped. Not bulky in terms of lean mass, but extremely impressive. I'll guess his bodyfat to be around 7-8% here? TBH I wouldn't have a clue... anyone got a good idea?

elite athletes range from 5-9% so you're probably spot on. looks like myers has been hitting the bench press hard as well as lats - you can see it in his elevated pecs and shoulders. he'll be a hard boy to tackle

elite athletes range from 5-9% so you're probably spot on. looks like myers has been hitting the bench press hard as well as lats - you can see it in his elevated pecs and shoulders. he'll be a hard boy to tackle
i'd say shoulders and back more than chest. you can't really see his pecs through that singlet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd say shoulders and back more than chest. you can't really see his pecs through that singlet.

you can't see his pecs but from my personal experience when you work hard on that you end up with the elevated look he has going. when i said lats that was to do with shoulders.

you can't see his pecs but from my personal experience when you work hard on that you end up with the elevated look he has going. when i said lats that was to do with shoulders.
lats aren't really that much to do with shoulders at all. in fact they're not. the 'elevated' look you're talking about, would be from his back getting bigger/getting broader across the shoulders. chest would make him appear bigger in the chest, but again, you can't see any chest development in that picture. anyway, let's just agree he looks in fine nic.

i still can't get over the fact that guys like him and Pears are only 18 & 19. they're both so physically mature...goes to show how dedicated they are i guess :)

i still can't get over the fact that guys like him and Pears are only 18 & 19. they're both so physically mature...goes to show how dedicated they are i guess :)
that was actually the first thing i thought when i saw both guys. i didn't actually think "oh shit they're massive!", but that they looked very fit! To me that shows (especially in Myers' case) commitment and discipline. To be that ripped, Myers must be training the house down and/or being very strict on his diet. That's a great sign for a kid entering his second pre-season. I have a great feeling about both Myers and Pears (hence the signature).

that was actually the first thing i thought when i saw both guys. i didn't actually think "oh shit they're massive!", but that they looked very fit! To me that shows (especially in Myers' case) commitment and discipline. To be that ripped, Myers must be training the house down and/or being very strict on his diet. That's a great sign for a kid entering his second pre-season. I have a great feeling about both Myers and Pears (hence the signature).

Your avatar - absolute classic. I p*ssed myself when I watched that part of Pumping Iron. The t-shirt is the icing on the cake.

Your avatar - absolute classic. I p*ssed myself when I watched that part of Pumping Iron. The t-shirt is the icing on the cake.
haha yeah, throughout the whole 'movie' i was thinking to myself 'nobody except arnie could get away this is!'

he's got Popeye arms!

looking at that pic, you could just see that....I reckon that's not a bad call

Strong overhead, 55m bullet passes, massive upper body all similar traits Myers is probably more defensively minded though

Could be the next Luke Hodge, which is nothing to sneeze at

Raking, gun left foot
Terrific leadership skills
Hard at it
Game moves slower for him than most his age
Played 'quarterback' type role for WA

I hear the Hodge comparison a lot around here. I disagree.

I was watching the Power v Crows Showdown in Round 3 and could not help but notice how similar a player Myers is to Chad Cornes.

Very similar footballers. Both penetrating kicks, good upper body strength, hard at it, leaders.

To be honest I am a huge Chad Cornes fan (as a footballer not a person :p) so I could not be happier with Myers.

He is very defined, but as for mass, come off it.
Not bad for a 19 year old of his body type but to say he is massive....:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back