Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 23. David Myers

He is very defined, but as for mass, come off it.
Not bad for a 19 year old of his body type but to say he is massive....:rolleyes:

myers2.jpg

(Thanks to Donsrule from BB)

Looks like he has a fair bit of mass to me.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFYBgm8cFJM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XFYBgm8cFJM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Class :thumbsu:

Lloyd dobs that goal as well that was my favourite moment of last year, Carlton had kicked 4 or so in a row and I was copping it left right and centre from the bastards, that one piped them down a bit along with the next couple, what a day off footy.

Guys, David Myers know it all here. :D

Seriously, part of Great Source' adopt a player idea, I'll keep you in the know, including form, injuries and his well being throughout 09. :thumbsu:

Let's refresh the memory.... A little bit about David:

r8-gsp-5.jpg

Height: 190cm
Weight: 85kg
Date of birth: 30/6/1989
AFL debut: 2008
Essendon debut: 2008
Total AFL Games: 8
Total EFC Games: 8
Total Goals: 1
Previous Club(s): Perth
Recruited From: 2007 National Draft, selection 6

In his first year of AFL football David Myers played eight games before a stress fracture in his foot ended his season. But during that period, Myers showed he was made for the AFL and displayed the booming kick and dash that saw him taken with pick No.6 in the 2007 national draft. With his undeniable skill and natural leadership there are high expectations on Myers to hold down a place in the team in 2009. He is one of the most exciting emerging Bombers and looks set to shine.

Stay tuned for more updates and info.

This profile is also in the SC/DT discussion thread with some more relevant info - this is just the player profile.

DAVID MYERS

Games: 8
Story so far: Taken ahead of Rhys Palmer and Cyril Rioli in the 2007 draft, the West Australian was hindered by hamstring/foot injuries. Played a bracket of eight games mid-season but is expected to play more games this season and push into the midfield.

Club says: “David is over his injuries now. He is an impressive kid with leadership stamped all over him in the future. He is tall enough to be a midfielder or maybe a medium-sized defender.” – assistant coach GARY O’DONNELL

Link

i love david myers even more after tonight.
this might have only been seen by people who were at the game (haven't watched any replays but I doubt it'll show up)...and I'm sure it happens a lot, but in my experience its rare to find a 19/20 year old like him:

He was playing at halfback, Hurley at fullback towards the end of the 4th quater. After struggling against the bigger Collingwood guys, you could see he was hell dissapointed. David went over to him and give him a pat on the back and told him to keep his chin up or something. It seemed to relight the fire in Hurls' belly, because he kept at it and didn't do all that bad for a first gamer.

Sure you can say that things like that are all part of being a team, but I think in that instance, where David noticed Hurls was down, and that he made an effort to go encourage him shows maturity well beyond his years, as well as strong team loyalty, leadership potential and etc.

i thought i'd mention it so we can share the love.

Wasn't great. Will get plenty of time in the seniors though and will improve after another 10-20 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Myers available for Round 1

Promising young defender/midfielder David Myers is available for selection this week after being given the all-clear by medical staff following an ankle injury.
Myers experienced ankle soreness following Essendon’s practice match against North Melbourne in Bendigo last fortnight but has since resumed full training.
Football operations manager Paul Hamilton said Myers would be a welcome addition to the side should he be named on Thursday.

“It is good to have David available. His injury isn’t as bad as we might have first thought,” Hamilton said.

“He has recovered well and is training and will be available for Round 1 pending selection.

“We will select the team later in the week, so he will be available to play if he makes the side.”

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=6400

i love david myers even more after tonight.
this might have only been seen by people who were at the game (haven't watched any replays but I doubt it'll show up)...and I'm sure it happens a lot, but in my experience its rare to find a 19/20 year old like him:

He was playing at halfback, Hurley at fullback towards the end of the 4th quater. After struggling against the bigger Collingwood guys, you could see he was hell dissapointed. David went over to him and give him a pat on the back and told him to keep his chin up or something. It seemed to relight the fire in Hurls' belly, because he kept at it and didn't do all that bad for a first gamer.

Sure you can say that things like that are all part of being a team, but I think in that instance, where David noticed Hurls was down, and that he made an effort to go encourage him shows maturity well beyond his years, as well as strong team loyalty, leadership potential and etc.

i thought i'd mention it so we can share the love.
I didn't actually notice this but yeah kudos.

Much love for Coles.

I'm starting to get a little worried that he's not very good

Why because his 19 and didn't get 20 plus possession?

He missed a couple of targets today (which didn't hurt us at all) but overall he had a good game. He looks classy around packs, but still too weak to be a permanent in-and-under type player.

This kid has a future, in the 3rd and 4th quarter I don't think he missed one target. I'm just happy with him developing.

I'm starting to get a little worried that he's not very good

Not sure how you can reason being on his case this early on the piece. He's a kid, and he will make mistakes, but you cannot deny that he looks a likely type.

Not sure how you can reason being on his case this early on the piece. He's a kid, and he will make mistakes, but you cannot deny that he looks a likely type.

He looks a good size and has a nice kick on him. Just watching him through the pre-season and last week he hasn't impressed me much, he seems to fumble or make the wrong decision an awful lot. I'm hoping he's just a little out of touch at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back