Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 23. David Myers

I hope he gets a game in the seniors this week as I think he is starting to prove he is worthy of selection after his recent games for Bendigo. May be it is time to give him a chance in the middle with some rotations through there, as this definitely seems to be where his strong points lie. Then we can all see what he's got. It looks like with the new coaching staff its really only the begining this year for a lot of players that were not developed in their first few years under Knights as well as they could have been. I think this guy falls into that category and could be a real surprise as to how much he will improve in the next couple of years. Lets hope so for our sake.

I think your wrong. Time will tell but I think we saw some of what he can do against the Lions and now with Jobe out it's really going to get interesting.

He was being facetious.

Has alot of ability, I think he could be a great clearance player in the future. Doesn't have a great footy brain, but I hope by the end of the year phe can work his way into our best 22.

Played well on Saturday Night. I was sitting right above him when he got the ball in the back pocket and made the Sydney boys look like witches hats - got very excited. Show's he's growing in confidence.

Dont know wether this has been mentioned, but matty Lloyd seems to persist on the point whenever he calls myers in games, he seems to think that errors stem from fatigue rather than lack of skill. I tend to agree with him, especially against the eagles in the heat.
Should the coaching staff be trying to get some more conditioning into him to play more of a midfield/ clearance monster role or should they continue trying to beef him up to play as a 3rd tall?

agreed, preseason should do it. we absolutely beat the hell out of him in the summer to get his speed and agility back.
if we do that i think he turns into a poor mans dustin martin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: 2011 Official Trade/Delisting Discussion Thread IIII

Might be a serviceable player. Clubs are looking for more than that from a pick #6

Might be better than serviceable as well, given the history of pick 6 clubs may be happy to get someone to 100 games.:D

I was suitably impressed by Valenti in the VFL Grand Final.

He looks to be exactly what we need. He is an in and under ball magnet.

Could do worse than putting him on the rookie list, but I dare say a few other clubs may be of that thinking.

If he nominates for the draft maybe he could be an option for a late pick.

Still relatively young. If he steps up, may shut up some of the gooses on here that are still going on about Caddy.

I think Myers has the ability to be in our best 10 players.

As Ant said, considering quite a lot of top 10 picks are such busts, I'd take that.

I can't understand why some on here don't rate Myers. He has been great for us. Can play multiple positions including key defence.

He is a natural replacement for Watson in the middle, except his kicking is better. I would love to see him spend more time in the middle this year. I thought he was on track early to have a breakout year, but injury curtailed that.

My only knock on Myers would be his acting. He was pretty poor in the Kia ad.

As Ant said, considering quite a lot of top 10 picks are such busts, I'd take that.

He's showed about as much as Watson over his first 3 or 4 years. No doubt for me that it's just going to become a questions of what the club wants him to be.

As was the case with Watson, Myers is a little bit here and there in terms of his physical attributes. Watson made a decision on his body and Myers may need to do the same. I'd like to see him 5kg's lighter and spending more time in the middle but not sure if it will happen. His best footy prior to this year had been played in the middle.

Also considering the nature of that particular draft. Really a lottery after the first 2 players. At this stage all of Masten, Morton and Grant could hardly have strong claims to being significantly better players than Myers. All taken before him.

Might be a serviceable player. Clubs are looking for more than that from a pick #6
Myers isn't far off being top ten from that draft thus far. Of the highest picks only Kreuzer and Cotchin have really come on. Rioli, Dangerfield and maybe Ward were perhaps missed opportunities for us, but the rest of the top echelon - say Taylor, or Mumford - were more than a little speculative. Otherwise, and ignoring our otherwise ripper draft, it's looking like a bit of a bust.

He's showed about as much as Watson over his first 3 or 4 years.

lol wut??? :D

By his 4th year Watson was one of our better players and was being labelled by same as our next skipper.

Myers hasn't shown anywhere near as much as Watson at the same stage.

I beg to differ. In 2006, he showed next to nothing. It was 2007 where he really stamped himself. Myers has shown more

I can't understand why some on here don't rate Myers. He has been great for us. Can play multiple positions including key defence.

He is a natural replacement for Watson in the middle, except his kicking is better. I would love to see him spend more time in the middle this year. I thought he was on track early to have a breakout year, but injury curtailed that.

My only knock on Myers would be his acting. He was pretty poor in the Kia ad.

Must have got acting coaching from Bomber... Terrible..

Watson's first few years were average, and he was in bad shape.

Lol had a chuckle when an interviewer asked him what is the worst thing someone has said to you on the field, Watson said someone called him a fat piece of crap (or something similar to this)

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back