Delisted #25 Cooper Vickery

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what the relationship he has with Darren Vickery?

Darren was a goalkicker that whilst playing with Orbost and Morningside lead the competitions between 1986 and 2006.

Beatson seems to have good belief he could be the guy to lockdown the opponents best small forward. Nice selection for the long run.
Well if he goes half as well as Smooch used to back in the day I'll be ecstatic!

Not sure about this one. Highlights were fairly mild.
Any description of a lightweight half-back flanker who is "speedy but not damaging" is a red flag.

Not sure about this one. Highlights were fairly mild.
Any description of a lightweight half-back flanker who is "speedy but not damaging" is a red flag.

His write-ups read A LOT like Lloyd as a player TBH. Good speed to get out of trouble, safe boot. I don't mind it. You need some guys that take risks, and others to just tick over like a metronome to make a good team. Seems a quiet kid, will take a few years of growing into the professional level I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I definitely don't want to finish bottom of the ladder but he may not wind up being in the top 5 as has been suggested (in fact, just based on probability, I will tip him right now to 'slide'). Also, we may use our extra picks to trade forward in the draft.

My only worry with Cooper is that he was a Hawks Academy member and touted as likely ending up at the Hawthorn before the draft. As a result I very much doubt he was mentally prepared to suddenly be living in Sydney.

I'm confident our recruiting staff would have had previous discussions with him before calling out his name in the draft.

He would have been open to the possibility and on the flip side may want to back in the faith we have shown in him.

My only worry with Cooper is that he was a Hawks Academy member and touted as likely ending up at the Hawthorn before the draft. As a result I very much doubt he was mentally prepared to suddenly be living in Sydney.
He wasn't touted as being in the Hawks side. He was a chance to be selected but was by no means a resounding must have from everything I've read. The already had a surfeit of players re his position.

I've read that Cooper is great mates with Bailey Humphrey and that Bailey loves playing footy with Cooper (as they did at Gippsland Power). I mention this because I am confident that Bailey is one of those players whose career the Swans will track closely. Imagine if we could reunite them some day down the track...

I've read that Cooper is great mates with Bailey Humphrey and that Bailey loves playing footy with Cooper (as they did at Gippsland Power). I mention this because I am confident that Bailey is one of those players whose career the Swans will track closely. Imagine if we could reunite them some day down the track...
Konstanty as well from what Instagram would suggest. I've never seen two people in so many photos together not with the last names Florent or Hayward.

But a reunion will be tough to do. This board still wants to fit four Warners, two McDonalds and two McCartins into the team. With the Gippsland power trio, that'd take us to 11. Would only leave half the team for the rest of the squad, a problem that would be alleviated by the fact this board thinks Rankin, Rowbottom, McInerney and Florent are all goners as Vic Metro kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #25 Cooper Vickery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back