Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a bull around the footy.

Post trade I think many of us feared his effort would not be up to scratch. For mine the effort and commitment is there and he seems to really be trying to improve. He seems to be loved by his team mates which is also a sign that he’s bought in.

Could definitely lose a couple of kgs tho.

I think it's worth pointing out that Stringer's tackle numbers seem to have been reflected by his position. In the first three weeks when he spent a fair portion of time up the ground he had 7, 5 and 2 tackles (keeping in mind he was moved forward in the third game later on).

Since the Port game he had 1, 3, 2, 1 and 1.

While he was still forward at times against Geelong, of his 7 tackles only 1 was inside 50.

So what I'm getting at is:
- It's easier to register completed tackles when you're surrounded by players
- It's harder to register tackles when you're predominantly playing in areas with more space
- Stringer has been willing to tackle all year
- Stringer's willingness to chase (particularly in repeat efforts) is more of a question imo
- Tackles are pretty limited measures of effort/performance
- Can we stop randomly quoting tackle counts
- God damn Richmond for doing this to the footy world

"Just between us" on The Age podcast (22.5 mins in) suggested that Jakeyboy was seen eating meat pies a few hours before the match on Saturday.
That's an old school Vander Haar routine (but I think he had his at half time) and makes me like him even more.
It seemed to work on the weekend...keep up the good work lad!

"Just between us" on The Age podcast (22.5 mins in) suggested that Jakeyboy was seen eating meat pies a few hours before the match on Saturday.
That's an old school Vander Haar routine (but I think he had his at half time) and makes me like him even more.
If he’s seen lounging on the turf at 3 qtr time smoking a dart he’ll reach full old-school footy-legend status.

Nothing like a gut full of pastry, gravy and crap meat churning in the guts during a match.

Energy boosting food.

I’m applaud ffs...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ultimate swisse army knife and impacts wherever he goes.

Goal square, half forward, centre square, hell I'd even use him off the back of the centre square at bounces, just let him get up a head of steam and come through like a bowling ball

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back