Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

He deliberately shaped that goal he kicked from the boundary in the 2nd qtr - a perfect fade, in golfing terms. No doubt in my mind, you could tell by the way he dropped the footy.

Absolutely took the piss

His skill is freakish. Having him and Fantasia in the same forward line is spine tingling.

c4810ccff432697d69f3e9206e4e8efb

I need the GIF

The thing with Jake is that he's never going to be a super lean cardio machine around the midriff, but his physical size and muscularity is seriously impressive. If you look at him from the back, his lats and lower shoulders taper all the way up. Jobe, Dusty, Fyfe all have a similar body structure, but Jake just doesn't have the definition.

He's a seriously impressive physical specimen up close though; just a mountain of a man.

Yes.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Didn't he knock back a TV interview in the rooms post game a couple weeks ago cuz in his own words 'he looks fat'?

Putting together some nice footy, feel like he's got potential to rip open the comp if he gets the rig in better shape next season

Didn't he knock back a TV interview in the rooms post game a couple weeks ago cuz in his own words 'he looks fat'?

Putting together some nice footy, feel like he's got potential to rip open the comp if he gets the rig in better shape next season

He didn't knock back an interview, he just politely declined BT's request for him to take his shirt off on live television to show his lion tatt.

He didn't knock back an interview, he just politely declined BT's request for him to take his shirt off on live television to show his lion tatt.
Cringe worthy moment. Roaming Brian didn't work in our rooms at all i didnt think.

He missed saying hi to Bobcat which would have actually been remotely interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with Jake is that he's never going to be a super lean cardio machine around the midriff, but his physical size and muscularity is seriously impressive. If you look at him from the back, his lats and lower shoulders taper all the way up. Jobe, Dusty, Fyfe all have a similar body structure, but Jake just doesn't have the definition.

He's a seriously impressive physical specimen up close though; just a mountain of a man.
He's actually built very much like Ablett senior in my book. Always wondered how Ablett could get off the ground given his mass but just immense power and spring.

Stringer has that sort of power without quite the spring.

It’s quite possible that Jake doesn’t feel alone as a tarnished footballer at Essendon and that this is exactly what he needs to feel relaxed and happy with his football... hence the enjoyment and team-play we’re now seeing. Stranger things have happened.

It’s quite possible that Jake doesn’t feel alone as a tarnished footballer at Essendon and that this is exactly what he needs to feel relaxed and happy with his football... hence the enjoyment and team-play we’re now seeing. Stranger things have happened.
Damn straight, we’re all cheats at Essendon!

Dane Swan wasn't what you call an elite looking physical specimen either but he managed to torch teams for 4 quarters. If he continues this run of form, I couldn't give a shit what Stringer looks like.

Dane Swan wasn't what you call an elite looking physical specimen either but he managed to torch teams for 4 quarters. If he continues this run of form, I couldn't give a shit what Stringer looks like.
Big Dane could cut his knee and Carlton Draught would pour out instead of blood. Stringer very much in the same mould, just plays a different role.

Is also a mad dog though

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #25: Jake Stringer - 📦 Traded to GWS for Pick #53 - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back