AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously I've pointed out my views on the smalls.

To me its a bit like everyone saying we had no leg speed back in 2006-7. Of course, the players we targeted in the draft to address a lack of leg speed were developing in ressies, and next minute we're one of/the speediest side in the comp in 09-10ish.

42 years gaol does seem overkill for Stringer though, he isn't that bad.

42 gaols is worth another year for sure

It is our smalls that are the problem.
It would be insane for Essendon to lose a 42 goal player. It compares to when Hooker retired, we had no replacement and the whole team slumped a bit. We lost games we previously would have won.

He's easily worth one year, even 2.

We need to fix the delivery from our mids.

The problem with Stringer is you never known who is going to turn up. The Package or the Baggage. If we give him two years, history says he cruises through year one and then goes hard in the contract year. We need to stand firm on one year even if it’s more performance based. Keep him on the edge, he’ll be 31 next year and should still have good footy ahead of him, but with the way he has prepared himself in the past the downward trend will come quick. If he’s not happy with that get whatever draft picks we can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be insane for Essendon to lose a 42 goal player. It compares to when Hooker retired, we had no replacement and the whole team slumped a bit. We lost games we previously would have won.

He's easily worth one year, even 2.

We need to fix the delivery from our mids.
Our forward line efficiency was rubbish this season. Our biggest problem. And there's a big fat reason for that.

We kick more goals if we have better forward structure. Fewer rebound 50s too.

The problem with Stringer is you never known who is going to turn up. The Package or the Baggage. If we give him two years, history says he cruises through year one and then goes hard in the contract year. We need to stand firm on one year even if it’s more performance based. Keep him on the edge, he’ll be 31 next year and should still have good footy ahead of him, but with the way he has prepared himself in the past the downward trend will come quick. If he’s not happy with that get whatever draft picks we can.
Turns out he had a trigger so it wasn't really the contract year we thought it was. Did somebody say KFC?

Our forward line efficiency was rubbish this season. Our biggest problem. And there's a big fat reason for that.

We kick more goals if we have better forward structure. Fewer rebound 50s too.
Great point. Only have to be at a game live to see how often stringer picks and chooses when he wants to pressure/make an impact, or how often hes walking and not creating an option. He doesn't look fit. It's unreal to me that we continually used him in the midfield.

Geez look at him there.

And look at him now

I hate to use it again but I really have no choice in this case

View attachment 2097508
No ! He’s thick
Girl Woman GIF by Siri Dahl

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back