AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Stringer all his career and tackling is not a great priority for him , wasn’t at the dogs and not much better now.
He is a big body , no excuses really.
It actually has been improved this year and in parts last year. Problem is he now looks like he is playing injured and can not get into the game.

3 weeks in a row he's looked pedestrian in the forward line. looks injured.
someone mentioned he didnt train as much this week?

Given we've really limited his time in the middle, this might be the case, and even hampered he's still better than any other option forward....which i dispute when we've left Menzie out, Tsatas can shift some magnets, etc.

someone mentioned he didnt train as much this week?

Given we've really limited his time in the middle, this might be the case, and even hampered he's still better than any other option forward....which i dispute when we've left Menzie out, Tsatas can shift some magnets, etc.
i was at the crows game and he looked the same then. just no explosiveness

Herald Sun this morning stating Scott said 'Jake like lots of players this time of year is carrying something'
Not sure what the 'something' is....but his last month has been well down on his usual output ;-

career average: 13 disposals & 1.7 goals a game
last 4 games: 9 disposals & 0.75 goals a game

He certainly hasn't look right I think it would be well worth giving him a week off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun this morning stating Scott said 'Jake like lots of players this time of year is carrying something'
Not sure what the 'something' is....but his last month has been well down on his usual output ;-

career average: 13 disposals & 1.7 goals a game
last 4 games: 9 disposals & 0.75 goals a game

He certainly hasn't look right I think it would be well worth giving him a week off
It's in the press conference from Friday night. He didn't really elaborate further than the quote, but given nothing seems to be strapped and it's affecting both his endurance and his explosiveness, probably groins.

Injured.

Shock Jaws GIF by Paramount Network

Needs deloading to another club.

What I'd give to be paid half a million a year to fall short of basic personal development and training goals each year, and essentially turn up to work half the time, half of that time being at a sub-par level.

Ruled out due to plantar fascia pain
Ruled out due to plantar fascia pain
Essendon forward Jake Stringer will miss this weekend’s clash with Sydney after failing to complete main training this week with a foot complaint.

General Manager of Performance Daniel McPherson said the club will start the deloading process immediately to give Stringer the best chance to recover quickly.

“Jake was restricted with discomfort in his plantar fascia this week during some speed running at training. He won’t play this weekend, but we’re hopeful the injury will recover quickly,” McPherson said.

“We’ll know more after he’s had a few days off the foot, but the plan will be to deload him, complete some cross-training in the meantime, and then start to reload the foot and progress him back into training reasonably quickly.”

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back