Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis - has signed a three-year extension until end of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

One average game after four goals against the reigning premiers (yes it was a practise match and they missed their best backline but he still kicked four goals and had multiple assists) and people want him dropped. Are we dropping LDU as well?

Only he can be directly involved in 5 goals and still be relatively obscure in terms of who you notice in the game. I so wish he had more pace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Equal match high 3 goal assist - would have been 4 if larkey didn’t hit the post

Kicked 2 himself

Would people be happy with a 40 goal 60 assist season for his third year in the comp?

Or nah he’s at the “crossroads”
More than happy. For me it’s more about getting it right between when to fly for the mark and when to crumb.

I love his craftiness and goal sense inside F50, as mentioned he is involved in scoring chains and hits the scoreboard enough in his young career and a developing forward line. His kicking to a leading player inside F50 is one of our best as well.

I just can’t escape the feeling when I watch that he is a weird blend of lazy or disinterested unless the ball is within reach. Like almost as if he can’t read an opportunity to impact until it’s almost upon him. Perhaps it’s just his game sense and tank developing in a sub 50 game player.

Love him and am probably a harsh marker on him just purely because the talent is so obvious when he touches the ball.

I love his craftiness and goal sense inside F50, as mentioned he is involved in scoring chains and hits the scoreboard enough in his young career and a developing forward line. His kicking to a leading player inside F50 is one of our best as well.

I just can’t escape the feeling when I watch that he is a weird blend of lazy or disinterested unless the ball is within reach. Like almost as if he can’t read an opportunity to impact until it’s almost upon him. Perhaps it’s just his game sense and tank developing in a sub 50 game player.

Love him and am probably a harsh marker on him just purely because the talent is so obvious when he touches the ball.
He is uninterested. It's the reason I mark him harshly. Would have to be in the bottom 10% for all forwards in terms of general urgency. Good things happen when he gets the ball, but you're not gonna be getting the ball that consistently as a forward, so you need to find other strings to add

He is uninterested. It's the reason I mark him harshly. Would have to be in the bottom 10% for all forwards in terms of general urgency. Good things happen when he gets the ball, but you're not gonna be getting the ball that consistently as a forward, so you need to find other strings to add

I love the idea you can measure something as wildly subjective as "urgency"

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #25: Paul Curtis - has signed a three-year extension until end of 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back