Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see The Panther back this week.
How he ever triggered a contract extension based on his body of work this year is beyond me, but that’s how we roll at Arden St.

If you had your life pending on whether The Panther plays more than 10 games in 2025, you’d be shitting bricks.

No real issue with Pink having a trigger and hitting said trigger given how much seniors he has actually played this year.

If people have to shake their fist at any cloud it should be that Biggie got 2 years straight up. Far more nonsensical than Pink having a triggered and then us needing to use him enough to hit that trigger.

I love this guy.

And I feel sorry for him that he's just thrown in as a fill in than his usual role. I think he's just a player that needed to adjusted to AFL level and would improve.

I think he did a good job playing a role in the fwd line...better than what Teakle was doing as he (Pink) was drawing out defenders from Larkey and even managed to take a few grabs and goals himself. Teakle was going to the ball and drawing defenders with too many talls at the contest for my liking even though he did a few good things, while Pink was playing his role better

I love this guy.

And I feel sorry for him that he's just thrown in as a fill in than his usual role. I think he's just a player that needed to adjusted to AFL level and would improve.

I think he did a good job playing a role in the fwd line...better than what Teakle was doing as he (Pink) was drawing out defenders from Larkey and even managed to take a few grabs and goals himself. Teakle was going to the ball and drawing defenders with too many talls at the contest for my liking even though he did a few good things, while Pink was playing his role better
I don't rate Teakle very highly, but Teakle "was going to the ball and drawing defenders" and actually taking contested marks. He's taken as many in 3 games as Pink has taken this year.

I was pleasantly surprised at his positive involvements yesterday, given the conditions and the that none of the other forwards, sans Jy, could get near it.

He's mobile, good below his knees and gets up the ground to the correct spots.
He seems a much more natural forward than defender, and with a full preseason focused on that role, I think he could improve further.

I was pleasantly surprised at his positive involvements yesterday, given the conditions and the that none of the other forwards, sans Jy, could get near it.

He seems a much more natural forward than defender, and with a full preseason focused on that role, I think he could improve further.
pink was a very way down the list of problems yesterday

Has a footy brain, not sure he has much else physically going on, but maybe he can. I think the issue with comparing Teakle and Pink is that in reality either one of them would probably be a vaguely useful structural player with another gun KPF next to them - our issue is that we are so far off it that we need both of them in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back