Player Watch #26 Matt Coulthard

Remove this Banner Ad

We have quite a few questionable talls on the list as it stands and probably not worth dedicating another list spot until we know more about the ones we already have

Especially as a mid season draft pick where the players can be iffy
I think that’s the answer realistically both Bauer and bradke would be rated no less than what was avail to us plus biggy , they need a shot at it .
I really like this pic , first season at glenelg and he’s storming up the ranks after some impressive reserves footy to start ,then 3 senior games in and he lights a fuse with 4G . Quick skilled tenacious tackler , get him in our system.
am I right he’s indigenous, will love it with the Bros , can’t wait to see Dan and shai pick him up from the airport

At least he won’t need a jumper
but they use the traditional yellow not the rancid fluro that has overstayed its welcome

He’s come from the clouds , just played 3 SANFL games recently to qualify for the draft
It’ll be interesting to hear from Clarke how long he’s been on our radar
Yea first year ,,,played 3 res games , quickly at the level with 2-3G a game then elevated to seniors , 4G in third game ,good scouting

****, none of us have any idea at this stuff. It will be a good pick purely on the results.

His highlight package looked nice, but 1m50s long, so - yeah. I like that he was already wearing a Richmond jumper in them, it made it easier to imagine how he will fit in. As much as we do need another tall, i do think we need a small pressure forward & i did like the way he moved around in those video's - i'm just not certain he will look like that in the high pressure game of the AFL.

Say what you want about our recruiters, but over the last little bit the small forward position is one that we’ve seen to have more hits than misses.

His highlights reminded me of Baker a bit. Not in game style necessarily, but the neat kicking, bursty pace and hard tackling elements that we seem to value.

I also wonder if we thought Port Adelaide would take him (especially after Hansen Jr taken at his pick two).

We could have an electric small forward line again shortly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*, I want this kid to succeed but * he must be about 50kg wet.
Also long sleeve, wouldn't have been drafted if Dimma was still around
Good luck Matt.
Kozzie Pickett was 170cm and 67kg when drafted and played 14 games in his first year. Looks hungry for the contest, that's the main thing.

I'm taking the mickey mate, however I'm concerned about our key forward structure after Jack and Lynch.
I think we all are. Maybe they are going to get Himmelberg as a FA? I believe they didn't think that there were the key forwards there that were better than Bradke. Maybe they thought the end of the year may have more options available for talls.

I think we all are. Maybe they are going to get Himmelberg as a FA? I believe they didn't think that there were the key forwards there that were better than Bradke. Maybe they thought the end of the year may have more options available for talls.
He looks quick, he definately likes to tackle, loved the front and square goals. It's a bit exciting while watching his highlights, has a bit of a Edwards look about him but quicker. Must be the long sleeves and light weight.

We have lots of talls,they are just all bloody injured.
I don't think we do
Gibcus is a back, we need him back to help Balta, Grimes is on his last legs and Tarrant is pretty much over.
Forward line Jack's done, Lynch is our only option, Ryan is too young and could be a real weapon for us if he plays ruck and pushes forward as a 3rd tall.
Bauer and Bradtke are unknowns, it's such a big gamble to think they will make it.
Is there another big I've forgotten? We are one Lynch injury away from having no decent options starting next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #26 Matt Coulthard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back