Player Watch #26 Matt Coulthard

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe its me as nobody else seems to have mentioned it but anybody else see a bit of Bobby Hill like traits in Matt ?

Is Matt indigenous ?
Agree with a poster above give the kid #11 and MRj can be his buddy at the club

Clarke , Coulthard , Campbell , Cumberland (CCCC's)
Smith , MRj , Green

Starting to look exciting in the small foward dept

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*, none of us have any idea at this stuff. It will be a good pick purely on the results.

His highlight package looked nice, but 1m50s long, so - yeah. I like that he was already wearing a Richmond jumper in them, it made it easier to imagine how he will fit in. As much as we do need another tall, i do think we need a small pressure forward & i did like the way he moved around in those video's - i'm just not certain he will look like that in the high pressure game of the AFL.
Speak for yourself which is noble of you to finally declare you have NFI , duly noted

at this point, he sits behind Mansell, Noah, MRJ and clarke(?)

good luck to the kid ...would be shocked if he plays this year
Hard to know at this stage until we see him in the VFL.

Cal Twomey said last night in his draft wrap up we could see him soon.

If he already has the tank and has skills, just needs to learn the game plan. Could be an upgrade on Mansel

4. Richmond - Matthew Coulthard
Glenelg SANFL
Small forward
176cm/69kg
11/05/01

A small forward with elite crumbing ability, Coulthard is a speedy and dangerous player in the mould of Geelong's Tyson Stengle. Originally from local club Port Noarlunga, the 22-year-old only became eligible for the mid-season draft a matter of days ago, when he played his third SANFL game of the season and passed the eligibility threshold. The fact he kicked four goals in that game in wet conditions no doubt boosted his case and the Tigers have swooped.

at this point, he sits behind Mansell, Noah, MRJ and clarke(?)

good luck to the kid ...would be shocked if he plays this year
Noah is not a small forward, medium who is closer to Dusty in his position down the track.
Mansell, well Mansell is as good a small forward as I am. He is an okay positional pressure forward, how's that turning out.
MRJ if he was allowed to chase the ball rather than the man might be a player, right now he is a pressure forward only.
Clark is more high half forward.

This kid plays like a true small forward so he has a point of differences. KB or Lionel Proctor, time will tell.

Our yellow makes us stand out from all the dullard clubs.

Signifying our bright present and future.

P.S. very similar to the Dortmund yellow.

Their fans stand out in the Bundesliga because of that yellow.

Welcome to Tigerland Matt Coulthard!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #26 Matt Coulthard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back