Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, that’s better, now:
Watch what you post on social media
No more news articles (unless they are rebasing old crap)
Keep going with personal trainer
Prove you want to get back by following the program

That’s all you can do

Cause I like to march to the beat of my own drum .

I’m back on board the Tarryn train wreck.
Toot farken toot !!
I think this is his 109th last chance lol
Part of me loves his defiance fyi.

Oh well
You're heaps more like him than you might realise I reckon.

Yeah I’d agree with that and you Ferbs KC and bloody Passmore all make my ultimate BF dinner invite

A couple of others are a chance of course
Ah to be a fly on the wall there…

I don't think it was. People have been constantly questioning how he feels about the club but the only time his face lit up or he smiled was talking about how we are playing footy this year.

Not at any other time, just talking about how we'd played this year. Without him.

Is that what someone would do if he hated us, was taking the piss and wanted out?
Just curious though ferball
Again, no manager in the frame?

Are you saying he didn’t do what was shown in the video.

He said he’s doing everything he can to get back.

He’s hanging on by a thread…is that behaviour in any way close to doing everything he can

He has consistently pissed down our backs and is continuing to do so.

I’m not sure what else I can say the evidence is there
So besides that **** up in his car what other evidence is there that he is behaving the way you say?

Stop it, crikey if he favors someone for a reason, I ask you one question and that question is what does it *en matter?

Im not saying he does fyi
Only on big footy does the individual white knighting and perennial screw up become the victim and end up being white knighted by others. Can't make it up :drunk:

It matters because if someone makes excuses for another individual that is treating women poorly and not driving safely I'm going to call them out and say that they're wrong. Last i checked that was encouraged in modern society because we don't sweep stuff under the rug like people did in the 70s.

Perhaps the two people that admitted they were irresponsible on roads should step back and think for a moment - maybe just maybe you have a little bias here when it comes to TT and his driving video. Because it's insensitive to those that have had to deal with road-related trauma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Endangered other people's lives". LOL That's pearl clutching bullshit if you're basing it on that video alone. Technically its not even dangerous driving, its just negligent cos he used a phone.
I could drive down the Monash right now and find more than a dozen people doing worse than that before I even got to Toorak.

Lol give me a break Tarryn. Couldn’t stop looking down when he was coming out with the bs.

Not convinced. Saying you’re “doing everything you can to get back” and actually doing everything you can are completely different things.
Pretty typical body language for first nation people. Pretty sure not looking someone in the eye is often a sign of respect. ferball can you confirm?

I'm a bloody pendulum with TT. I read Ferbs POV and it makes me question my stance. Listening to TT I actually liked what I heard. If the statements about playing with his best mates, playing under AC and wearing his jumper at home then I'm going to cling to some hope that he can get his shit together and get back to playing good football. He just needs to stop doing dumb shit and stop now. I'm not prepared to cut him lose just yet.

You said this:

I save my empathy for people that don't endanger the life of others,

That's an absolute statement if ever I read one, whose life did he endanger - Shroedinger's passenger? You also said something about not showing empathy to people who harassed or abused women despite showing it to people who harassed and abused women on this board. You've talked s**t about our players if they have a beer, fat shame people all the time and are definitely losing your sense of humour.

Don't pretend you're perfect.
Correct. I maintain he has engaged his life and potentially others in that video.

Incorrect. I've never nor would I ever show empathy for someone that has abused women.

Correct. I have zero tolerance for players who repeatedly stuff up off-field. Always will. In my opinion, modern day players shouldn't drink during the season. And they should never do illegal drugs (PEDs or otherwise).

Only on big footy does the individual white knighting and perennial screw up become the victim and end up being white knighted by others. Can't make it up :drunk:

It matters because if someone makes excuses for another individual that is treating women poorly and not driving safely I'm going to call them out and say that they're wrong. Last i checked that was encouraged in modern society because we don't sweep stuff under the rug like people did in the 70s.

Perhaps the two people that admitted they were irresponsible on roads should step back and think for a moment - maybe just maybe you have a little bias here when it comes to TT and his driving video. Because it's insensitive to those that have had to deal with road-related trauma.
Wot ?? Firstly my attention span doesn’t allow me to read such long winded tripe.

Secondly I’m not proud of my Speeding although I did pull near 180 in Ms Sharon’s Golf GTI at Christmas. It packs quite the punch fyi.

Now I’m going off his vid where he’s sorry and trying his best.

That is all .

Supporters of the club have a right to be annoyed with TT. When did he last play an AFL game for us? Almost a year now I would guess, which is unacceptable given his contract. He's clearly not meeting his end of the bargain. If he truly wanted to be playing for us he would be keeping his nose clean and doing whatever it takes to repay the club for looking after him.

Cause I like to march to the beat of my own drum .

I’m back on board the Tarryn train wreck.
Toot farken toot !!
I think this is his 109th last chance lol
Part of me loves his defiance fyi.

Oh well
I never know what to think. I want him gone but I don’t want him to be fubared you know?
I’ll go back to my very original take on this way back at the start.

No idea what to think or feel, a lot of anger and what not, but I’ll back the club to do the right thing. Whatever that is.

I think his manager is an idiot but I don't really have any basis for that beyond the JHF stuff and this train wreck.
Maybe there is something I’m missing here, maybe he is looking at changing management but he’s not actually doing anything.
That interview has been the smartest thing in months but (at least to me) sounds more like a club direction

I've mostly stayed out of this but I guess why not properly weigh in.

For me, as I've stated a number of times, my primary concern is his health, wellbeing, and recovery, rather than falling further down a path that repeated stuff ups can take you down. I don't give a damn about the football side of things unlike most here. I get why you do though, that's not meant to be a go at anyone.

On the driving stuff, I say the following as someone who has honestly never been intentionally reckless on the road and is deeply affected when I see such behaviour on the road.

Odds are that one or more people criticising the driving aspect have done dangerous stuff on the road before. Tailgating that person going a little too slow for your liking, cutting that person off who you know is a little too close, etc. Having said that, he should 100% know from hereon in that driving like that is unacceptable and he should be very, very thankful no one was hurt.

At the same time, I see this behaviour as indicative of him not going well at all, and I totally get the comments that the social media persona he cultivates, particularly with this driving video, doesn't exactly scream "I'm completely reformed." Though I don't think it screams turf him out and lock the gate behind him, either.

Even if more (older) charges come and/or the current charges are true, there are very few crimes that you cannot atone for as a human being. I hope he knows that redemption is his choice.

It's clear that he's at the very least addicted to social media. I get it. I've seen a lot go through that in many forms. And he's obviously not making perfect choices at the moment.

He may have to hit rock bottom to turn this ship around and that may be losing his playing contract, I don't know. I hope that experts are making these calls and not fans.

If I could say anything to him, I just wish I could tell him that when you stuff up in life, you carry that guilt around forever. Even when you redeem yourself, there's still a little bit that gnaws at you 10 years later that shames you a little bit. But it gets better the longer you have been trying your hardest to be the best you can be. I just hope that in 10 years time it is just that, a small nagging guilt/cringe/shame about his actions but otherwise having lived a productive and happy life, rather than humongous regret about what could have been with his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back