Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying it's not stupid behaviour but his car would have radar cruise control, autonomous emergency braking and lane keeping. It's not hard to see how he'd think it pretty well drives itself.
Going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven’t seen the video nor read any headlines, so let me highlight it for you…

A4E622A8-D34F-4AC6-B5A4-7A111245B029.jpeg

I'm done with this entitled DH. This will never end well because he has a shite attitude. I'm not buying TT acting contrite, because actions speak louder than hollow words. I hope the contract allows the club to withhold part if not all of his wages whilst he isn't doing what he is supposed to be doing and making a mockery of the club in the process. I hate the thought that he is still receiving his full $14-15k per week for sticking a middle finger up at the club and the AFL. The AFL making a public comment about him might mean they at some point could step in to bring this to an end. Right now he is a negative distraction who reflects badly on the club at a time when there are lots of positives that should be highlighted by the media.

From the club point of view: If the AFL don’t consider it serious enough to ban him from playing for any club, then it’s simply not serious enough to rip up his contract and letting him go elsewhere. I’m convinced they’re tied.

Personally, I don’t want him representing our club bc simply put: he’s a shit bloke, is arrogant, a tool and quite clearly a simpleton. But I understand that’s not enough to end a career.

You saying this is ridiculous are you?

One thing i've constantly done in this thread is point when people's assumptions about TT don't stand up to my assessments of the situation and I say why. And I'd be more critical if I hadn't read stuff like you posting about him endangering others as he drives by himself down the highway. (Not just you but you contributed to it.) if I was speaking to him person to person I'd tell him to wake the * up before he wishes he had and its too late. But there's probably a queue I'd have to join first.

There is a huge feedback loop here and it winds people up, they contribute to it and before we know it TT is taking the piss and angling to get sacked so he put the rest of our money up his nose. Whether that's true or not people are taking it personally as if it is.

Since you came back here that's the first time I've mentioned that s**t you posted that reminded me of Leni Rifensthal. And I told you that i think i was was wrong to think that.

You're living in the past man...
So still no examples...

For the third time (here and Dm), keep it about TT and stop making up shit to deflect. It's also contradictory when you're accusing people of making up stuff about TT. If your defence of TT was solid you wouldn't resort to this stuff.

Its very much in our interest to be patient, from a list management perspective. He could be back by round 9 and we'll have forgotten this stuff by mid-season.

Unless he isn't interested in participating.

Only he knows if he’s interested in playing, we can only go off his behaviour, and right now his behaviour shows that he isn’t interested in playing. If he’s back in the side by round 9 then he would have shown a huge shift in his attitude and how he carries himself off field and on the track, if that happens then jees, it’d be quite the turn around.

At the moment he’s acting like an entitled Pratt who’s been given everything he wanted as a kid because he can play football. Now he’s in the big league he doesn’t meet the required standard and he’s being told NO for the first time so he’s throwing a tantrum.

No one’s forgetting about this, especially not him. It’s part of his story. Its up him how the rest of his story plays out.

I am ready to forgive if he comes back ready to have a crack and gives us first use off half back whilst Cheez gets the goal kicking keys.

Until then, my views are very much doubtful of his future with North. He can still make it but he must want it not be forced into it.

I am ready to forgive if he comes back ready to have a crack and gives us first use off half back whilst Cheez gets the goal kicking keys.

Until then, my views are very much doubtful of his future with North. He can still make it but he must want it not be forced into it.

We are all ready to forgive him if he demonstrates a willingness to work hard and pull his head in.

I genuinely laughed at the tv regarding seeing a PT 3 times a week.

Get down there every ****ing day for god sake…You are meant to be a professional athlete.

This isn’t the Donvale 2’s.

Not saying it's not stupid behaviour but his car would have radar cruise control, autonomous emergency braking and lane keeping. It's not hard to see how he'd think it pretty well drives itself.
talking episode 8 GIF

We are all ready to forgive him if he demonstrates a willingness to work hard and pull his head in.

I genuinely laughed at the tv regarding seeing a PT 3 times a week.

Get down there every ******* day for god sake…You are meant to be a professional athlete.

This isn’t the Donvale 2’s.

Is he really only doing it 3 times a week?

Is he running?

If he isn’t running and is doing 3 pt sessions. I’ll be baffled at the club for not implementing something. Even a daily 5-10k linked to strava

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young men are stupid. Some of those young kids i'm describing are still in their 20s. Still drive like hoons. because the feeling you get when you accelerate a vehicle is cool if you're a young man.

i know some young men don't act like idiots in cars but a s**t load do. (Carrying on like TT's stolen a car and driven to Dandenong at 150km/hr, which is what some people are doing here, isn't really appropriate.)

Don't expect them to behave sensibly or in a way that is rational and makes sense to a mature adult who has seen how ****ed up life gets. Especially a footy player who has had smoke blown up his arse all his life by people like us. (Footy fans.) There are plenty of studies that show a relationship between risk taking and sporting success (and a few that contradict it as well.) At least with the risks he took in that video there was some mitigation going on. The road was empty, there was nothing around that he could see, no lights from cars coming in any direction. I dunno if he thought that thru beforehand but you'd hope so. At least he didn't place anyone else at risk in that video.

And he's driving a car that has been marketed as capable of autonomous self driving since 2021.

Do you really think everyone who has one of those vehicles hasn't done something similar?
Well he did a good job of disproving the technology with that lane drift! The insurance companies maybe divested their auto repairs businesses a tad too soon.

I’m just as annoyed at this bloke as the next person, but if he is welcomed back at the club by the powers that be and he does end up pulling on the famous jumper and running out for our great club again, then I really hope the supporters accept him back at the club and wrap their arms around him, so to speak. I’d be really disappointed in us, as a supporter base, if the players and staff welcomed him back, he started playing again, but the supporters decided that they couldn’t forgive him and made life tough for him. We’re a family at North Melbourne and we need to be there for each other, through the good times and the bad times. We galvanise and we get through things together, as a family.

I know that’s all a very big hypothetical at this stage, because he’s got A LOT of work to do if he is to ever play for the club again, but if the people at the footy club - who know a lot more than we do - welcome him back and he cracks in for North Melbourne again, then we as supporters need to be able to forgive him and welcome him back just as the players and staff do.

Is he running?

If he isn’t running and is doing 3 pt sessions. I’ll be baffled at the club for not implementing something. Even a daily 5-10k linked to strava
I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have regular contact with a member of the Club's strength and conditioning team. Whether or not he's doing it whilst away from the club is another story.

Yep, I did dumb s**t at the same age (arrested for surfing ontop of a cab at 60km through Jakarta in 1989), but thankfully it wasn't recorded for all eternity!

Note: I believe the polaroids are well and truly faded by now!
Yeah I did some dumber shit at a much older age (late 30s when I had a high paying job and married with kids), commandeered a taxi in Singapore cause the driver decided he didn't want to take me and some mates after he'd already accepted, the boys (one who was a massive body builder) held him in the back seat while I drove. We paid him 100 bux for what would normally be a 10 dollar fare. Funny at the time, did we video it and post it on social media, hell no could have easily ended in Changi, visa and work permit cancelled and on the first plane out, which did happen to a mate who was breaking up a fight, ended up getting charged for assault (complete BS), skipped bail to Sydney and was literally on interpols most wanted list alongside Bin Laden. That was funny having him over at my gaff for a barbie in Sydney, discussing that he needs to go back and do his time and get on with his life, but the big question was whether or not I call it in and we split the reward.......his share would have covered his bail he dropped. Anyway, yeah we all do really dumb sh1t once in a while. BUT most of us reflect on it and regret it, don't have a public profile, and those who do sure as hell don't deliberately publicize it when they are already on criminal charges and in turmoil. He can't change until he takes responsibility for his actions and starts showing some remorse.

I'm not defending anything. People are carrying on like he's driving thru traffic at high speed potentially killing people instead of doing a stupid little action in a situation with * all risk to anyone else. I'm poiinting that out.

You've never driven dangerously in your life or done anything stupid while driving a car? Good. I was still doing stupid s**t when I was your age.
I hear ya but I think the carry on is that he is so f*n stupid to post something like that given the situation he is already in.

I hear ya but I think the carry on is that he is so f*n stupid to post something like that given the situation he is already in.
For me, posting it and getting it leaked is just the cherry in top. His career is hanging by a thread. He has one court date coming up for DV related stuff and another for driving on a suspended license. So what does he do with this knowledge? Flagrantly breaks road rules again. Just ****ing imagine if he got pinged by the cops. It's the height of stupidity and disregard.

I’m just as annoyed at this bloke as the next person, but if he is welcomed back at the club by the powers that be and he does end up pulling on the famous jumper and running out for our great club again, then I really hope the supporters accept him back at the club and wrap their arms around him, so to speak. I’d be really disappointed in us, as a supporter base, if the players and staff welcomed him back, he started playing again, but the supporters decided that they couldn’t forgive him and made life tough for him. We’re a family at North Melbourne and we need to be there for each other, through the good times and the bad times. We galvanise and we get through things together, as a family.

I know that’s all a very big hypothetical at this stage, because he’s got A LOT of work to do if he is to ever play for the club again, but if the people at the footy club - who know a lot more than we do - welcome him back and he cracks in for North Melbourne again, then we as supporters need to be able to forgive him and welcome him back just as the players and staff do.

I would like nothing more than him happy and back at the club with his life on the right track. That really would be the best outcome, because that would mean he has changed his current trajectory and met the standards required to be a North person.

Going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven’t seen the video nor read any headlines, so let me highlight it for you…

View attachment 1658092
If he is on the way back down from Sydney, its probably not oncoming traffic. Its dangerous driving no doubt, regardless of AEB or any other features the car may have turned on at the time and there is only so much road at that speed - if a roo comes bouncing over and he is thrown forward there is a good chance he would probably break those legs, maybe worse.

If hes cleared by Clarko, Viney and Ratten it’s good enough for me.

They’ve done this before, they won’t tolerate bullshit and they won’t bring him back to win cheap games. If the give him the green light it’s because he has earned it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back