Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify the known facts:

Has he actually committed any violence or just threatened to commit it? Has he published any nude pics or just said he would?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has he actually committed any violence or just threatened to commit it? Has he published any nude pics or just said he would?

throwing the lamp? physical altercation at some place in prahran too?

As far as actual violence the only allegation I recall is that he threw a lamp in a hotel room.

As far as actual violence the only allegation I recall is that he threw a lamp in a hotel room.
Just wanna put my 2 cents in i live 1 min from arden street ... hawks fans wanted him in trade period i said he had a drug problem got deleted ... i know for a fact from mates he was i dunno last 6 months addicted to what makes your drink really cold dont wanna say it drug ill get banned said it so many timea got deleted and the source is great mates

So this isn't a surprise

Just wanna put my 2 cents in i live 1 min from arden street ... hawks fans wanted him in trade period i said he had a drug problem got deleted ... i know for a fact from mates he was i dunno last 6 months addicted to what makes your drink really cold dont wanna say it drug ill get banned said it so many timea got deleted and the source is great mates

So this isn't a surprise
Least surprising revelation so far.

So this isn't a surprise
That complicates matters

Just wondering how much it happens if its done silently. I'm not saying they shouldn't be handled in the background. Clearly trial by media would be crazy if you took all the dumb s**t young people said and did and put it up in lights.
that's fair - misread your original comment and assume you meant they should be.
Reckon that a decent chunk of players that do brand damaging stuff like recreational drugs who have never had a trial by jury.

Charges dropped after withdrawal of key witnesses
giphy.gif

Allegations against Thomas detailed to the AFL integrity unit include:

● Telling a woman he wanted to beat her and calling her names such as “a ****”.

Throwing a lamp at a woman in a hotel room.

● Sending threatening text messages, declaring “your time is coming” and that he was “going to bash” a woman’s friend.

● A verbal and physical altercation at a Prahran nightclub.

The AFL integrity department informed one of the women last July that the behaviour alleged to them was “not acceptable”.

In a flurry of text messages, Thomas tells a woman: “You’re a f —king joke … keep talking sh-t … sh-t going to come around soon … your turn will come … sh-t is going to go down … I’m not a n---- to be f —ked with.”

Another woman claimed of Thomas in a text to friends last year: “I’m too scared … i know he’s gonna kill me”.

Another victim has detailed how Thomas sent intimate pictures he had taken of her to others.

-----------------------------
At least according to the accusations the answer to both your questions is yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter how you look at this, the NMFC do not look good.

2 of our prized draft picks in JHF leaving and now TT with this...

Not disputing either aren't potentially abhorrent people, but workplaces and clubs particularly have more input in life development and we have ballsed up over the last decade.

Only silver lining is we potentially get some sort of priority pick again at the end of this year, even another end of first round would be adequate.

So this isn't a surprise
Your theory would certainly go some way to explaining the Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde split personae that he’s been portrayed as

Not disputing either aren't potentially abhorrent people, but workplaces and clubs particularly have more input in life development and we have ballsed up over the last decade.

Only silver lining is we potentially get some sort of priority pick again at the end of this year, even another end of first round would be adequate.
realistically happens at all clubs. most successful club of last decade just had sydney stack desisted who demonstrated was good enough to play in a premiership due to behavioral issues and the other blokes you quote are just being judged on potential atm.

Last edited:

Why would we get a priority pick at the end of this year? They don't give priority picks to teams that play finals.

Every club has people bailing out.

Richmond had Yarran and McKenzie both leave their club while citing mental issues and it wasn't the precursor for their football program's demise.

JFHF clearly had a gameplan all along and was never going to commit. TT's issues should be placed at the feet of TT.

We've had 13 other 1st round selections in the last 15 odd years who didn't/haven't yet bailed on the club or run off the rails.

Not sure if we should be holding up the Premier League as the moral benchmark. Late December the FA charged Ivan Toney (Brentford) with 262 counts of allegedly breaching betting rules. He's still playing, case hasn't even been heard yet.

Not sure if we should be holding up the Premier League as the moral benchmark. Late December the FA charged Ivan Toney (Brentford) with 262 counts of allegedly breaching betting rules. He's still playing, case hasn't even been heard yet.
Hypocrisy in sport is genuinely some of the worlds best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back