Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

So not really...

Four things for me on this.
One…they as an organisation are not serious about the above statement and oh how their female supporters / sponsors must feel.
Two. GUBBBY is quiet an appropriate name for one that eats a lot and keeps company with certain undesirables.
Three. Moment of truth for AFL …time to put your big person pants on and mean it…women around the country and those playing in your AFLW are watching.
Four. St. Kilda…nothing else needs to be said when uttering these two words.

Man I can’t stress that this will end in tears for the Saints.
If Gubby Allen walked away from the meeting thinking yeh this guy is gonna help us shoot up the ladder then he’s a muppet.

Thomas conditioning is so off he is 3-4 preseasons away from being AFL ready.

This will end in tears. You have no idea what being away from an AFL structured environment can do. Even for 12 months.

I can honestly say i couldn't care if or where he plays as long as its not nmfc. Here you have a bloke who behaved terribly whilst the club was on its knees seemingly copping blow after blow by a congaline of sports writers rabid with the taste of blood. All while our president was fighting cancer and our newly signed coach was under seige.

If he was so stupid he couldn't see that being a lightning rod for bad publicity was the worst possible way he could treat the club that was bending over backwards to help him out then there is simply no place for him in a team environment where performance is dependent on mutual respect.

Seems a little unfair that he could potentially restart his career at another club, and we aren't compensated for his development as a player
How is it unfair? We terminated his contract (which I'm not saying was the wrong decision). Seems unrealistic to sack someone for cause and then expect to be compensated based on what they do after you've cut ties with them.
and the efforts made to rehabilitate him after his indiscretions.
Clearly our efforts to rehab him were futile as he was a repeat offender, to the point where it cost him his job, and possibly his career.

I seem to remember some of the complaints made against Tarryn were made by a current/former St Kilda employee or someone associated with them.

Does that ring any bells?

Yes, a staff member from memory and the details would be in one of these three TT threads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's such a weird decision from the Saints considering the unresolved nature of it all.
Unless they think, after having talked to him and had their lawyers look at what they think Nov 21st will bring, assessed they think he will be cleared to play 2nd half of '25 or start of '26. If that's their determination, the process of reintegrating him into an AFL club would start now, even if he isn't to play for another 6-18 months.

Unless they think, after having talked to him and had their lawyers look at what they think Nov 21st will bring, assessed they think he will be cleared to play 2nd half of '25 or start of '26. If that's their determination, the process of reintegrating him into an AFL club would start now, even if he isn't to play for another 6-18 months.
Doesn't matter what St Kilda think, the AFL are the ones that need to clear him first to play for any competition!!
TT has to prove to the AFL (presumaly Kane and co) that he has reformed himself and if they believe his evidence then I guess it's the highest bidder.

It's such a weird decision from the Saints considering the unresolved nature of it all.
Cursory glance on the saints board says they aren’t enthused with the idea

Lol of course Saints of all clubs. First the St Kilda scandal https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/l...d/news-story/1532a089f904caa1251ee739ec687bfc

Lovett incident while registered to St Kilda - https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fo...l/news-story/0d3a468cb644d395be84b83f052419a5

Ross the boss sexual harassment - https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/re...d/news-story/c82158ff776a960a50856d2f6bbc2c95

And now considering Tarryn after all of his allegations against abusing women.

How tf could they ever think it’s a good idea to share that they stand against violence against women, with all of their history- and now considering adding TT to their list? Crook

Thomas splits with manager as Saints fans fume over pursuit​

Glenn McFarlane, Lauren Wood, Josh Barnes

The Herald Sun understands that Thomas and Williams recently parted ways with both parties keen to go in different directions.

Thomas is now being mentored by a host of football identities including prominent player manager Colin Young, who is now likely to take him on as a client, and former Collingwood player and ex-North Melbourne Indigenous player development manager Robbie Ahmat.

Young already has several clients who are close with Thomas, and have been assisting him.

The news comes in the wake of Thomas’ lunch meeting on Tuesday with St Kilda head of talent and acquisition Graeme Allen.

St Kilda’s social media platforms were inundated with messages from supporters, many of them threatening to terminate their memberships if the club pursued the exiled Thomas.

A number of fans also contacted the club directly on Thursday morning to express their disapproval over the meeting that took place with Allen.

Thomas, 24, was axed by the Kangaroos earlier this year after an AFL probe found he had threatened a woman in direct messages, with the league imposing an 18-game ban.

He will face court on November 21 – on the second day of the AFL national draft – after being charged in May with “using telecommunications to harass and breaching a court order”.

AFL spokesman Jay Allen told the Herald Sun on Thursday: “Tarryn Thomas is not eligible to play football or sign with any club at any level.”
“He has a pending court case in late November and a determination will be made post those proceedings on any potential eligibility.”

Thomas is unable to train with any clubs at the moment but is believed to be keeping fit and training in private.
His potential return to the game has heightened tensions with footy fans.

Essendon distanced itself from any prospect of a future discussion with Thomas earlier this season, sending a letter to members after coach Brad Scott described him as a “good person”.

The Bombers reassured members it had no intention of recruiting Thomas, even if the AFL deemed him eligible following the court case.

Geelong has also ruled out any moves to speak with Thomas.

Former Melbourne great Garry Lyon said on SEN: “With the Tarryn Thomas stuff, if I’m an AFL club I’m saying, ‘If you want to play AFL footy, that’s great, but go and prove to us that you can go and play at a lower level’.”

“Whether it’s VFL or interstate – I don’t care what level it is – for a year or two years go and put your head down and show that you’ve got contrition and own your actions.

“Only then would I take a lunch meeting with you. That’s the way I would see that. I wouldn’t consider Tarryn Thomas until I’d seen him get through a year or maybe two somewhere else.

“It’s not about the money, playing at the top level and the thrill of being known as an AFL player.”

Last edited:
Dont think his past manager wouldn't have told him to pull his head in like everyone else. Now the cash flow is about to dry.
While it isn’t only his fault, the fact Ben Williams had his grubby hands on him and JHF means I’d be telling any potential draftees to avoid him like the plague

Like it or not he actually brokered the deal corn frances was precisely seeking.

It wasn't too hard. Judas said "I'm out, get me to the PA scumbags". Once that was in play, the only thing North could do was maximise the return by dealing with PA. It was a bad situation but digging our heels in would have made it worse for us. The manager got a windfall gain from not having the moral character to tell his client to do the right thing. I don't rate that one bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back